Forums

"You're driving a Tesla!"

"You're driving a Tesla!"

I was driving east on CA 16 yesterday, with my wife beside me. It's a 55 mph road, with one lane each way. The car in front of me indicated a left turn, and had to come to a stop to wait for oncoming traffic to clear. Of course, we stopped too. The car in front made its turn, and I began accelerating in my gradual, conservative style born of years of trying to use gasoline economically.

My wife said simply, "you're driving a Tesla!"

So I punched it back to 55. Tesla giggles all around.

Magic 8 Ball | 08. lokakuu 2018

We were on our Sunday walk yesterday and ran into a neighbor, car guy, we have known for years. We started talking cars and the wife starts talking about her new M3. The 3.5 0-60 comes up and he appreciates it and I say it is awesome but no one really needs it. My wife jumps in and says: "oh no, I need it" and goes on to sell the virtues of acceleration. Bill asks: "when can I get a ride"?

gballant4570 | 08. lokakuu 2018

Perhaps I could use your wife's sales pitch, magic.... I am thinking I'll need to used it on my wife at some point.

andy.connor.e | 08. lokakuu 2018

tesla > wife

jdcollins5 | 08. lokakuu 2018

I was taking my ex-boss and his wife for a demo ride. They are in their 70’s and he is trying to convince his wife that he needs to get this car. I was turning in to traffic and punched it to get up to speed and his wife goes “WOW”.

He looks at me and winks and asks me if you can slow the car down to a “normal” vehicle. I told his wife about the “Chill” mode. That seemed to satisfy her. Of course he already knew about this!

slingshot18 | 08. lokakuu 2018

My in-laws drove mine and said it has too much power. I showed them chill mode and now they're considering it.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 08. lokakuu 2018

CharleyBC: OK. She's a Keeper!

CST | 08. lokakuu 2018

Too much power...LOL!!!
My wife really doesn't like it when I accelerate my car, it's such a shame!

CharleyBC | 08. lokakuu 2018

@ReD eXiLe ms us, you have no idea!

Atckeith1022 | 08. lokakuu 2018

I drive mine like I stole it.

Kathy Applebaum | 08. lokakuu 2018

Hwy 16 is a great road for Tesla giggles, especially past Capay. 160 is another great road for Tesla giggles, as is 128. :)

ReD eXiLe ms us | 08. lokakuu 2018

I'm rather partial to CA SR 96, the Klamath River Highway. It is possible to drive a 'loop' that includes SR 3, SR 299, & SR 96, with a short ride on I-5 around Yreka. A very beautiful ride, though the full loop is beyond the range of most Tesla products currently. It might help to have a Supercharger around Happy Camp. ;-)

M3BlueGeorgia | 08. lokakuu 2018

@ CST

>>Too much power...LOL!!!
>>My wife really doesn't like it when I accelerate my car, it's such a shame!

I've also been banned when she is in the passenger seat, though it is OK for her when she is behind the wheel. :-)
She has a thing about wanting to be first off the mark when a red light turns green, and she no longer is concerned about what other cars might be in the other lanes.

CharleyBC | 08. lokakuu 2018

"160 is another great road for Tesla giggles"

The weekend before last I was suffering giggle withdrawal symptoms. So I went for a drive with absolutely no practical justification. I went from Sacramento down along the Sac River on the east side to Walnut Grove, across the river, and back up along the west side. So half of that is 160, and the other half might as well be--same feel. (I also got really good performance on that drive: 185Wh/m.)

Kathy Applebaum | 08. lokakuu 2018

Nice!

tfaulkner | 08. lokakuu 2018

Thanks@hokiegirl1. There are my odometer resets!