Forums

Nokian WR G4 SUV All-Weather tires optimized for Electric vehicles? Anybody has experience, please share

Nokian WR G4 SUV All-Weather tires optimized for Electric vehicles? Anybody has experience, please share

Nokian claims new tire WR G4 SUV All-Weather optimized for Electric vehicles. I wonder if anybody already has experience with these on Model X? Any opinions to share?

https://www.nokiantires.com/all-weather-tires/nokian-wr-g4-suv/

betty_yee | 13. maaliskuu 2019

I had the OEM 20" tires and got a nail near the sidewall so Tesla would not repair the tire. My car is a 2016 Model X 90D and I driven 40000km on them. Tesla said replacing one tire would cost $610, a set of 4 Nokian WR G4 SUV cost $920. I purchased the tires in Feb. and have driven in dry conditions, rain, and snow the tires are great. The big difference is that with the OEM when you make a turn in the snow you slide out a little. Making the same turn in the snow with the nokians it was like on dry road no sliding. The tires are just as quiet as the OEM on the Hwy. Since they are low rolling resistance tires my range did not change. I keep my tires at 45PSI.