Forums

What to do? Getting charged for Tesla S loaner repair

What to do? Getting charged for Tesla S loaner repair

Owned my model S almost 5 years now. Ive been going to the Tesla service center in Paramus NJ since it opened for minor repairs, bulletin fixs, and new tires no issues with the place until today. My car is there now for tire pressure sensor retrofit estimate 1-2 week repair. I was given a loaner model S on Dec 26. I noticed the right side mirror did not angle properly where I can see side of the doors. It was still moving but not all the way where I liked it. I did not say anything to the service rep as I thought to myself the loaner was a new car the mirror was probably frozen or just stuck. I also didnt mind as always physically turn to check right side traffic before merging, big mistake on my part. Low and behold earlier today the right side mirror panel popped off the side housing while I was driving. I drove it back to the service center they are charging me for the repair of the side mirror on the loaner. They didnt believe my story that it was an issue before I left the parking lot. They explained to me that type of problem would have been caught as they do a careful inspection of all loaners. Well I told them I made mistake by not telling them before I left with the loaner and they did not do their job inspecting the car either, as there was a side mirror issue before leaving the lot. The supervisor did not give me benefit of the doubt she just said there nothing we can do. My word verse thier process. I was sent to Enterprise for a new laoner. I opened a tesla customer service ticket about the issue (2 weeks wait on response). Im assuming they are gonna call my car insurance ill probably give them a call tommorow. Any other ideas to fight this?