Forums

Tesla Roadster Founder Series

Tesla Roadster Founder Series

On the Tesla website, it states that there will be exactly 1,000 Tesla Roadster Founder Series reservations available, with a reservation price of $250,000. But It also states that the Founder Series price is $250,000. So my question is, will anyone wishing to purchase a Founder Series Roadster be able to purchase it after 1,000 reservations are made and after the reserving period is over?

Spacejake1224 | 14. helmikuu 2019

Huge fan of Tesla!

jimglas | 15. helmikuu 2019

No, On the Tesla website, it states that there will be exactly 1,000 Tesla Roadster Founder Series reservations available

Spacejake1224 | 15. helmikuu 2019

I just said that above. I'm wondering about after the reservation time is up, when someone is able to purchase a Roadster, instead of reserving it.

raffidesigns | 17. helmikuu 2019

Once the last founders series is sold, it will no longer be in production.

sschaem | 21. helmikuu 2019

I was interested in it originally thinking it was a true limited edition model with extra features, but I dont believe its the case.

My understanding is that its a regular production version that is given as reward for their referral program. In the same way of the past Model S and Model X "founders edition"

steven | 24. helmikuu 2019

@sschaem: you could simply buy the Founder's Edition on all vehicles. Has nothing to do with the referral program itself. Just 1000 available with the Founder's badge. Once hey are sold, either in preorder or after unveil it will not be available.
Funny thing is that on the US website, they state both reservation fee and price, wehreas on the European websites, it just states the reservation fee, which is just a rate conversion for the 250k. No final list price is known at the moment.

Maybe the Founder's will have the SpaceX option available and base Roadster won't. Elon also talked about the performance numbers being for the base model. Maybe the Founder's will be quicker/faster than the base model anyways, even without the SpaceX option package?

We will only know once they actually unveil the production model.

stevencsimpson | 13. huhtikuu 2019

Very excited about this revolutionary Tesla! I am interested buying the Founders Roadster but have a few concerns! Would someone that has ordered a car post your reservation document with redactions for personal information? Is my 250 held in escrow? What if the car is never produced or is delayed by a year or two, is my money refunded? Details!!? What is the SpaceX option package?

Jinnymobile | 14. huhtikuu 2019

If they haven’t sold 1000 yet, I wonder if people will ‘move up’ their regular reservations to Founders when the production schedule becomes more firm.

glnnbray | 19. huhtikuu 2019

Tesla, I'm waiting to put down $50,000 on the Roadster. Waiting for more information and/or some kind of incentive.

Xerogas | 21. huhtikuu 2019

@glnnbray: "Tesla, I'm waiting to put down $50,000 on the Roadster. Waiting for more information and/or some kind of incentive."
------
Seems pretty simple: put your money down here https://www.tesla.com/roadster
Your incentive is that you get a Roadster

sschaem | 28. huhtikuu 2019

@Steven I think by the time we know what the founders edition is, the 1000 limit will have been reached.

For me, 1.9 second for the base model and 600 miles is fine :) But if the founders had a custom interior , off the menu paint, etc... its something I would be interested in.

bfudge | 30. huhtikuu 2019

I wish Tesla would just give us a little more information (i.e. expected features/options). I put money down on a Model S in 2010 and then upgraded to a Signature in 2011. Putting down $40K didn't bother me in 2011. But, putting down $250,000 is concerning given all the problems Tesla seems to be having now. If there was an option to put 50K down now and then upgrade to a fully loaded model (even if not the Founders) I would be all in. I am a Tesla convert. I still have my Model S Signature (#613) and my wife has a Model 3 Performance. Come on Tesla. Give me a little more to information on which to make a decision. A Test Drive would be great.

sschaem | 07. toukokuu 2019

Well, the wait is over for me :) I canceled my reservation.

My concern really was based on trading it/selling , from what I just experienced , Tesla high end model lose 40% of their value after the first week of ownership. (First week you can return it for full value, after a week Tesla will take the car back for a trade but at 60% of its value)

3dgotcha | 20. toukokuu 2019

Have contacted Tesla to see if there is any insight on the Founders Series Roadster. Have wired the $250K
and received no communication on whether funds were received without going to local sales for verification.
Called local delivery to talk with someone at a regional level for more info. Really have not received any
"Thank you" or other communication for investing 1/4M with no collateral or interest. Want some customer
service at the least!