Forums

How Do you Enable Auto Park?

How Do you Enable Auto Park?

I have Auto pilot enabled, summon enabled. But how to you Enable the "P" icon in the touchscreen to press it.
I traded in my Volvo that had auto park feature for parallel parking and I just like it.
Any Answers ?

mr.mark.tarver | 18. helmikuu 2019

Comment.

EVRider | 18. helmikuu 2019

You shouldn’t use the feature until you learn how it works by looking at the manual. That will also tell you how to enable it. Here’s a link to the manual: https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model%203%20Owners...

coleAK | 18. helmikuu 2019

Durring our free trial I couldn’t get it to work ever. Not once. The only time I ever saw the “P” was almost every day leaving home. We have a huge boulder next to the end of a 6’ retaining wall. The Tesla most days thought the 3’ wide gap between 2 was a parking space on the touch screen.

lilbean | 18. helmikuu 2019

You drive in bumper to bumper freeway traffic in LA and the P pops up.

guydude | 18. helmikuu 2019
jjgunn | 18. helmikuu 2019

lilbean | February 18, 2019
You drive in bumper to bumper freeway traffic in LA and the P pops up.
----------
I've seen this up here in the Bay too. Makes me smile Everytime.

lilbean | 18. helmikuu 2019

:o)

Mike UpNorth | 18. helmikuu 2019

I tried it once in a grocery store parking lot. Too slow.

jjgunn | 18. helmikuu 2019

Safety first! Speed last

Mike UpNorth | 18. helmikuu 2019

Speed first!!!

Safety last ;)

Tronguy | 18. helmikuu 2019

@mr.mark.tarver: I've done it a couple of time on parallel parking. It works OK.
Drive really slow past the spot that you want. You'll get a "P" show up on the panel on the side of the car where you want to park. Make sure you pull up until you're parallel to the next car in line. I think you might, at this stage, have to put the car in reverse.
In any case, tap the "P". They'll be some dialog along the lines, "Do you really mean this?", go "Yes", and the car will do its autopark thing.
As compared to me doing it, since I still haven't worked out exactly where the corners are, there will be fewer back-and-fills.
First time I tried this it parked two spots away from where I wanted to be, which amused both the wife and I. Second time it worked when parking onto the right side of the road, well enough. Third time was on the left side of the road (one-way street), again, no problems.
I've tried it once with nose-in parking; it got lost (in slow-mo) and I had to take over.
There you are. Directions _are_ in the manual.

ModernTriDad | 18. helmikuu 2019

The OP didn't actually say that he hadn't read the manual. I read the manual when I first used my Model 3 and I have yet to get the feature to work when I'd like it to. I've attempted to get auto park to recognize spaces several dozen times, but it has only even recognized the space once. It parked mostly successfully-no collision but I had to move it to center in the space. The only time I see the 'P' is when I'm driving slowly in traffic or occasionally when I'm already backing into a space. It definitely needs an update and is behind my last car - 2015 Ford Explorer. Maybe the trick is to drive casually past the space while pretending I'm not looking... then it may work for me. Between my lack of success and others' complaints about collisions, I'm not ready to rely on it anyway.

Solarman004 | 18. helmikuu 2019

I also wouldn't be so quick to blame OP for not reading the manual. I've read the manual multiple times, and the Autopark section even more. I can get it to work for parallel parking, but haven't once seen the P for perpendicular parking.
I'll bet mall security has a file on me for all my time spent slow cruising through the lot looking for single open spaces between 2 cars.