Submitted by joe.collevecchio on Sun, 2019-02-24 16:02
Has anyone else ever been locked out of their Tesla due to the car randomly going into a deep sleep? It’s happened to me three times in the last month, most recently after a 2-hour road trip. Some details:
- 2014 Model S 85 - no Autopilot.
- Running the latest firmware (installed at the Brooklyn, NY SC two weeks ago after the last time this happened).
- Vehicle’s fob and 12V battery are both in good condition, according to the SC.
- Battery pack always has in excess of 100 miles remaining.
- Car receives 3G LTE just fine (was streaming Slacker seconds before the latest lockout).
- Latest lockout occurred IMMEDIATELY upon me closing the door.
- The only way to wake the car is to set off the alarm by jumping the 12V.
- Fob on passenger windshield will not open the door.
- Car never wakes from app. The latest time, I received a “Server Error” warning and a “Vehicle Connection Error.”
I’m very concerned about this issue. My wife is due in June with our first, and now I can’t stop imagining breaking a window on a hot summer day to get my infant out of her car seat. Tesla says they have no idea what’s wrong.
Please help me, y’all, before I get rid of my dream car and buy a Prius.