Forums

Leaning Tesla

Leaning Tesla

I have noticed as I approach my Tesla in a parking space that it leans to the drivers side. I did not pay much attention to it until I noticed it again today. I did some measurements in my garage and find that the passenger side is 1/2 inch higher. I placed a level on the trunk and it confirmed the lean, the garage floor is level.
I had tires replaced last month and had noticed more wear on one side of the car and now realize that the lean is creating uneven wear. I do not know if the air suspension is the problem but I have emailed to service and am awaiting a reply.

Has anybody experienced the problem?

bish | 23. huhtikuu 2019

Is the front of the car level? Or is just the back leaning?
And please tell us what the service center determines.

Jonu13 | 23. huhtikuu 2019

Had similar issue where rear passenger side was lower than the rest. It looked like the tire had sunk into the wheel well. Turned out to be air suspension. Replaced air suspension compressor and all 4 struts(?).

Originally Tesla said it was safe to drive over email but decided to keep the car until parts arrIved after I took it in.

marika.appell | 24. huhtikuu 2019

This is a side lean, not front to back. Yes, I guess it is an air suspension issue.

marika.appell | 24. huhtikuu 2019

The next question is does overuse of the air suspension create problems?

Elzir | 24. huhtikuu 2019

I've had the same problem for 7 months now (S75 RWD sept 2017/France). This follows a rear bearing change (due to clicking sound at low speed upon acceleration and déceleration) but i don't think it's linked.
The car is leaning 2cm on the driver side. From my observations, it seems clearly linked to air suspension because on rare occasions, it goes back to normal if i change the suspension settings. Sometimes, the front is level when the back is leaning.
Right now it's leaning front and back.
It didn't get worse in 7 months and the car still have a safe driving behaviour. I didn't notice any unusual wear on tires. I'm planning to contact my service center in the coming days.
Pleas, let us know your SC conclusion on this.

Bighorn | 24. huhtikuu 2019

I had an issue where the back was ostensibly sitting lower because my low beams were bothering oncoming truckers. Remedied on a road trip by the Calgary service center by correcting the position of the rear level sensors. I think they just bent them back to the correct stance.

Bighorn | 24. huhtikuu 2019

It was probably a singular sensor actually that was out of whack.

marika.appell | 03. toukokuu 2019

I had the car fixed at the service center yesterday. They performed a suspension calibration and found a bracket misaligned. Now the car is level. No detail as to what the bracket is that was out of alignment. NO CHARGE.

Bighorn | 03. toukokuu 2019

@marika
Probably what I mentioned--the bracket holding the sensor needed to be adjusted.