Forums

FSD Price

FSD Price

The FSD price is dropped back to $6000 for me. I am still waiting for it to drop further.

christopher.gloor | 29. toukokuu 2019

How do you see this price? I can't seem to locate it anywhere on my site.

TeslaTap.com | 29. toukokuu 2019

It does not appear if you have FSD. It should appear if you select "TESLA ACCOUNT" and click on the "Manage" button. Scan down and the FSD option box should appear. I have FSD, so don't see it.

jjgunn | 29. toukokuu 2019

It's a box under Manage then Shop header -- box is named "Autopilot Upgrades" click it & you'll see the price.

I have FSD on the MX but not the P3D

Magic 8 Ball | 29. toukokuu 2019

When you get into your account scroll down to the area that says "shop". You should have an option to click on "autopilot upgrades", you will find details and pricing that way.

Magic 8 Ball | 29. toukokuu 2019

Ninjaed by jj

jamespompi | 29. toukokuu 2019

Tesla matched post delivery price to initial order price with claims that it will increase in the future.

Teslanene | 29. toukokuu 2019

I see $6000 on my account I thought that was the normal price

donna.wang | 29. toukokuu 2019

They jacked up that price to $7000 early May and dropped it back down.

singhh | 29. toukokuu 2019

Anybody upgrade after taking the delivery? I have my M3 AWD for month now. I like to upgrade, but too much money. Thank you..

Mttcoco | 29. toukokuu 2019

I paid $2000 during the sale. I feel pretty happy right now.

Teslanene | 29. toukokuu 2019

Those that paid 2k you had already paid 5k for AP?

rob | 29. toukokuu 2019

FSD @ $2,000 was a better deal than TSLA @ $300. Oh well,,,

If they drop it to $2k again, they'll sell lots of software.

Triple that?!?!?! Very few people will buy it at $6k

scherer326 | 29. toukokuu 2019

No one should buy it at $6k, not worth it with current features. Wait till end of month, I am wondering if there will be another fire sale since it’s quarter end. Tesla needs to hit its numbers.

Mansonramirez | 29. toukokuu 2019

I wonder how long it will stay at $6,000.00? I saw it go up to $8,000 last month on my account.

rehutton777 | 29. toukokuu 2019

I did not get autopilot when i purchased my M3 two months ago. Now, when I click the FSD purchase button, I would be charged $3K for AP and an additional $6K for FSD. Not worth $9K to me for FSD.

Timing is everything

dbirozy | 30. toukokuu 2019

At the moment, what does that 6k FSD get you that otherwise you don't have?

Would that be summon, Nav on AP?

jjgunn | 30. toukokuu 2019

Auto lane change too! Wheeeeee!!

jimglas | 30. toukokuu 2019

I pulled the trigger on my MX when FSD dropped to $2k. I feel fortunate.

Effopec | 30. toukokuu 2019

I paid $5k for EAP and it would be an additional $6k for FSD. That's a hard pass at that price, especially with no current capability. My wife nixed it during the $2k sale due to some other potential expenses. If they brought it back down to $2k I may just do it anyway, but no way at $6k. For that price it needs to be proven and consistent level 4+, robotaxi capable. I would need to hear some verification that people are able to use it completely autonomously, as in sleeping on road trips.

Sgwebb.us | 30. toukokuu 2019

I also paid 5k for EAP, another 6K for FSD is outrageous (11k), it seems users that do not have any it is 9k for FSD... I saw an article that it did drop to 2k, but my daughter was in the hospital at the time. Originally it would have been 3k when I purchased my car, and was suppose to be 1k later. I was OK with 4k in the future, if it falls back to that I will probably buy it, but I have concerns about it as drive on navigation is a bit erratic changing lane to lane to sometimes

jbnier | 17. heinäkuu 2019

I too paid $5K for EAP and at time of purchase, the FSD was no longer an option (pre or post delivery). Now asking $6K would bring it to $11K for what others are paying barely over half. Why isn't Tesla notifying current owners via email of the new options/pricing as they are rolled out??!! Had I heard about FSD @ $2K, I would have definitely purchased then, but only recently learned of that via random internet searches.

TeslaTap.com | 17. heinäkuu 2019

@jbnier - You can get it for $3K before 15-Aug. After that FSD goes up $1K for everyone who does not have FSD (i.e. $4K for those that have EAP already).

davez69 | 17. heinäkuu 2019

@jbnier Yeah, I hadn't even visited a single Tesla site until I had the car for almost 4 months. I guess that's on me, but sucks that FSD wasn't an option when I did the build and the sales guy when I picked up the car pretty much described the EAP future updates as what I now know as FSD -- talked about traffic lights, stop signs, garage to parking lot, etc .

I missed out on the last discount and decided to just buy it anyway at $6k -- so I paid $11k total. So...while everyone else may have an "appreciating asset" with their Teslas, mine is a discontinued mid-range model (fear there'll be software bugs that only affect mid-ranges in the future will get ignored because not enough people own them...) with EAP/FSD that I overpaid for.

Thankfully, I love the car more than any other vehicle I've ever driven and might end up keeping it a long time. Just using the EAP for the middle 80% of my commute has reduced my daily stress tenfold and now that my work as free Tesla chargers, the cost went from a lot cheaper than gas to nothing at all.

triton3 | 17. heinäkuu 2019

Anyone see the $3000 on their upgrade page? I have EAP and still see $6000 to upgrade to FSD.

Im one of those who did not have an option to purchase FSD when I purchased my M3. I always thought owning EAP meant free upgrade to HW3 & FSD! Only after the fire sale when everyone started talking about it did I realize my misunderstanding.

I plan on keeping my car for a long time and even though $3000 is still steep IMO I'm leaning toward the purchase. I use AP often and even though I believe that FSD will not be fully baked for sometime, I believe that the incremental updates HW3 will offer are worth the cost!

vbhavsar | 18. heinäkuu 2019

@triton3 - I have not seen on my account so far. Same boat as you with EAP and keeping car for long time. Patiently waiting for the price to change so I can get FSD!

eplaskett | 18. heinäkuu 2019

Waiting as well! Good week for my company's stock to hit an all time high!

mlatou | 26. heinäkuu 2019

Just checked and mine was dropped to $3k

CaliforniaMaki808 | 26. heinäkuu 2019

I got mine during the $2k sale. That was a great deal.

ozziegn | 26. heinäkuu 2019

I just ordered my M3 but I didn't choose the FSD option because I very rarely drive on interstate or highway roads. I figured I wouldn't get my money's worth at $6K. Now I'd probably bite in at $3K but certainly not $6K.

eplaskett | 26. heinäkuu 2019

@ozziegn The $3,000 price adjustment is only for those of us who bought the no-longer-offered EAP, which was $5,000 at time of delivery and which includes numerous features that are now part of FSD. That's the rationale of the price cut for that subset of owners - if we paid the full $6,000, we'd basically be double paying for all of the current features of FSD.

namikun | 26. heinäkuu 2019

I wish those of us who paid $3,000 for basic Autopilot would also get a discount (at least $1,000, which would bring the overall price (AP + FSD) to $8,000).

EVRider | 27. heinäkuu 2019

@namikun: Wasn’t basic AP a standard feature when it first introduced? With all the pricing changes, it’s hard to keep track. :-)

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

I'm kind of disappointed by the whole thing to be honest. Love the car - own the stock too … but the way they have handled this roll-out is kind of screwy.

I did not have the FSD when I purchased in Feb - I thought by buying the $5000 EAP option I was putting myself on the upgrade track to autonomous driving.

Then somehow I missed the $2,000 sale price - now I've just been alerted about the $3,000 option til the 15th.

But my bigger concern it; what's next? Will they try to bill me later for some additional level of autonomous driving that isn't covered in FSD?

And exactly how am I supposed to get this covered with insurance? Are they going to cover the "new" price of the car in my policy if it gets totaled?

Joshan | 07. elokuu 2019

If you buy it, you will get everything you need for FSD, clearly stated by Elon Musk many times.

Your questions about insurance are for your insurance agent, not Tesla.

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

@Joshan … In regards to FSD: No, it wasn't "clearly stated" at the time I purchased the car. Neither on the web site nor in person by the sales staff.

What is "clearly stated" (on the front page of this forum) is that the forum is for an exchange of information between Tesla owners. That would include inquiring about the insurance issue - which seems unique because it's insinuating an appreciating value & I doubt insurance companies look at cars like that when determining the replacement cost of a wrecked car.

If you don't think my question is for Tesla - you are correct … it's for other owners.

bartmarkley | 07. elokuu 2019

@pops, I'm right with you, I as well purchased in February 2019, thinking the exact same thing...that I was getting everything to be on track with autonomous driving. And your totally right, .... what if later they say now we are going to call it autonomous driving and that does a few different features that FSD don't have and that will be an additional 3k. They did a terrible job explaining this to customers in January - March 2019, and I was one of the ones that got caught in the enhanced autopilot fiasco. Bad part is you cant talk to anyone at Tesla about this because they have totally eliminated their phone support and no button to even initiate chat. So sounds to me OTA updates in the future could keep ringing your bell for additional cash when they need it.

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

@bartmarkley … Yeah - feeling a little burned by that :-(

I'll probably do the $3,000 but I'd like to know exactly how that gets insured first. If I pay $3k … and then 4 years from now Tesla is charging $20k for the same software … and I total my car and need for it to be replaced … what will the insurance company give me to replace it?

Because the car is depreciating - but the software is appreciating.

I haven't gotten a straight answer from my agent yet … just wondering what other people have heard.

raqball | 07. elokuu 2019

pops | August 7, 2019
I'll probably do the $3,000 but I'd like to know exactly how that gets insured first. If I pay $3k … and then 4 years from now Tesla is charging $20k for the same software … and I total my car and need for it to be replaced … what will the insurance company give me to replace it?

Because the car is depreciating - but the software is appreciating.
----------------------------
Very good question that I had not really considered... I'd be very interested in hearing the answer, if one even exists..

hokiegir1 | 07. elokuu 2019

@pops - will likely depend on if you insurance covers "replacement value" or "fair market value" and you'll probably need to wait for your agent to confirm your specific policy. As far as adjusting coverage for the addition, if you did some kind of wrap or upgrades that you wanted covered, you'd call your agent to adjust the value to include those -- this is the same thing.

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

All …

thanks for chiming in on this. I'm on a 4th call to my insurance agency and they are relaying this to their underwriters (so far one of which has no idea how to insure the car)

I'll be sure to update this board with whatever I hear

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

All …

So after sending this up through a few levels of underwriters it looks like there is no solid answer. What they did say is that they would "consider" the value of the software in a claim - but they could not say that they would definitely cover it.

Side-conversation that sprung up resulted this tid-bit: If you intend to use FSD to make money (as an Uber equivalent for instance), then be sure to call your insurance agent and get coverage for that (it's a different thing)

So perhaps this is a Tesla question after all?! As in …

If we crash our FSD car - will Tesla kill the software on our dead car and do a free transfer onto the replacement Tesla we buy?

Because if my $3,000 investment is something Tesla is later charging $25k for … and I crash my car (or it gets killed while it's out there looking for a parking spot or something) then I don't think my insurance is going to cover the $15k it will take me to replace it … especially since my insurance payments were based on less expansive investment. (insurance companies don't insure $60,000 cars for $75,000).

They say they would "consider" the software in the event of an adjustment … but I don't think the math works well enough in the insurance company's favor & therefore have a pretty bad feeling about how they would "consider" it. Why would they cover something I'm not really paying for?

Joshan | 07. elokuu 2019

FSD belongs to the car not you. Just like any feature on any car.

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

In other words - it's doubtful that the cast of the FSD software is insurable.

Buy it at $3k & lose your car a few years later after it's been adjusted to $25k. Insurance will cover your initial investment but probably not the $3k and almost certainly not the extra $25k.

I think Tesla needs to offer some kind of replacement policy in the event of a totaled car.

Joshan | 07. elokuu 2019

if you put it on the car new it is absolutely insurable. After market like most anything, likely not.

Put a $3,000 stereo in your car. Your car catches on fire and burns up. You think insurance is replacing that stereo? ZERO chance.

Joshan | 07. elokuu 2019

Why would Tesla do that? Your crazy...

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

@Joshan … A car is not legally capable of owning anything - thus; nothing "belongs" to it.

Case in point: If I owned a BMW (thank god I don't) but if I owned one and got in an accident I would still be in my rights to salvage the parts off the car and sell them. This is not the case with FSD. I can't pick it up and move it to a new car. Apparently - I can't insure it either. So as soon as the car gets into a wreck that can't be fixed - I basically loose that investment.

Not a big deal at $3000 … I think we're all big boys & girls here and can handle a $3k hit. BUT … what if it costs $25k to replace down the road and insurance isn't covering it? That would suck.

pops | 07. elokuu 2019

@Joshan … Calling somebody "crazy" is rude and against the rules of this message board.

Joshan | 07. elokuu 2019

@pops your comparing hardware to software. The software belongs to the car, if you sell the car the software goes with it, you cannot remove it or transfer it. Get used to it....

Pages