Forums

Motor Trend Car of the Year for this Decade

Motor Trend Car of the Year for this Decade

PhillyGal | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Nice! I also enjoyed seeing the other decade winners. Interesting that in the 2000s it was a Prius. What does that say about the past 2 decades?

JAD | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Go Tesla! Seems like a good choice as it is the most transformational car.

NKYTA | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Good pick.

TeslaTap.com | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Not unexpected - nice though!

Shesmyne2 | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Still Grinning ;-)

Mike83 | 10. heinäkuu 2019

Our first Tesla drive in 2013 in San Jose proved to us it was the best car we had ever driven. We keep buying only Teslas and actually seeing FSD coming slowly but surely. Thanks to Elon and all at Tesla.

Bighorn | 10. heinäkuu 2019

It won best car of all of them ever tested.

carlk | 11. heinäkuu 2019

Wish I could live to the next century to see it be car of the century.

PhillyGal | 11. heinäkuu 2019

Ooh I misread it as the winner for the decade and the other winners for the other decades as equal, not as finalists where the Tesla emerged from all.

sentabo | 11. heinäkuu 2019

I'd venture to say that most of us owners' reaction is, "Well, duh." Still nice to see, though.

barrykmd | 11. heinäkuu 2019

My reaction was, "I guess customer service doesn't play a role in their decision."

Mike83 | 11. heinäkuu 2019

It is rare for us to need service except for annual. We find Tesla service to be outstanding differing from the trolls. Beats getting ripped off by the stealerships.

SO | 11. heinäkuu 2019

So far I have been pleased with service. Especially since now I don’t even need an annual service check. The car just keeps on a working.

I plan on taking it to a service center one time next year before my warranty is up. But until then, I’ll just use mobile service if needed.

SO, I'm thinking of doing the same, as my warranty is up in a couple of months. I'd like to hear any recommendations as to what type of service I should have done, seeing as the annual service is no longer suggested. My car has no issues.

Bighorn | 11. heinäkuu 2019

Service exceeds all my previous experiences.

Captain_Zap | 11. heinäkuu 2019

There is maintenance, intervention service, and then there is collision. All different animals and all continuously evolving.

Bighorn | July 11, 2019
Service exceeds all my previous experiences.

Ditto. Not even close.

carlk | 11. heinäkuu 2019

Not only the best service I've ever seen it's also the only place I don't need to second guessing when told an expensive work is needed. People who are trying to scam you are always extra nice and attentive. Some do like that I guess.

jpcollins9 | 12. heinäkuu 2019

As a long time owner (my S85D was ordered in October 2014) I concur with MotorTrends assessment. While my wife's 2018 X attracts a lot of attention, my S, with its black nose, gets more interest from those who want to really know about electric cars; how they drive, how long it takes to charge, how much maintenance does it require, etc. People are stunned when I tell them what little service I've needed was accomplished in my garage through either a software upgrade or by the mobile service person, including the ability to do a complete annual maintenance. The last time I had my tires rotated (at Jiffy Lube) they estimated that my brakes had at least 95% of life remaining even though I've already put 33,000 miles on the car. Kind of reminds me of a country song, "I love my car! It's right outside!"