Forums

Looks like Pearl White is now standard

Looks like Pearl White is now standard

The online configurator is showing pearl white as standard and black as a $750 option. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Still no LR RWD.

AWDTesla | 16. heinäkuu 2019

you never worked in a body shop you liar.

Magic 8 Ball | 16. heinäkuu 2019

I am protecting innocent people from being taken advantage of by shysters. Totally cool to protect people from being taken advantage of.

Started out painting Lucite and Centari, do you know what those products are?

People, detailers will make you car look nice but by doing so they are reducing the overall life of the finish. Do not get suckered.

brand names of dupont paint products.

what do I win?

People, M8B is a liar and has never actually stepped foot in a modern body shop.

I have hundreds of happy customers. Some with ceramic jobs I did 10 years ago. Paint still pops the day it left my shop.

You win the internet.

Unfortunately I have had to use body shops since we sold ours back in the 80's. A body shop can actually wet sand your car and build up with clearcoat not wipe on junk.

Zztops | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Soooo back to more recent developments.... who's trading in to level up? LR AWD to P3D... Here we come!

jimglas | 16. heinäkuu 2019

I read somewhere that one of the reasons to go to white is that most fleet cars are white
Hoping to break into that market

casun | 16. heinäkuu 2019

the pearl white is gorgeous. this is great news for new buyers.

So why does everyone else charge extra for pearl white?
Time for the others to step up?

Raising the bar. I love it.

82bert | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Also, inside of my door sills is most certainly painted. Is this a thing where it is not?

Pearl white is amazing. We love it n

@82bert

how much liquid salt does MN dump on their roads 6 months of the year? I actually had a customer with a 2016 Ford Escape asking what could be done about the tail gate rusting THROUGH.

"Claim it on warranty, get a new paint job, thats too far gone for me to do anything about it"

Its not shocking to see newer cars here with quarter panels showing surface rust in less than 2 years being on the road. We use the crown oil spray to slow it down but it still rusts....it cannot be stopped.

www. reddit .com/r/teslamotors/comments/8nva55/is_your_front_door_interior_jams_not_painted_sc/

The rust starts on the inside of cars where there is no protection. We cut many rocker panels off to find total internal corrosion. A detailer is not going to polish or protect the inside of the panels.

@awdtesla. I tell you my skills are all painted and you refer me to a reddit link that doesn’t work? Mine are all painted and I have a 3 built in August 2018 and another built Dec 2018.

Sill. Not skills. Ha.

Our winters are essentially for 6 months as well.

Remove the spaces between www. And .com

I do this in case the forum software flags the links or something.

I am glad your door sills are painted, mine arent.

Okay but what does your city spray on the roads? Theres a reasons can0adians stay away from used cars in Ottawa.

When was your car built? That’s odd both of mine are and 4 months apart. Others with unpainted sills?

Honestly, I have no clue what exact products they use for the roads. Other Minnesotans, particularly MSP people on here have an idea?

Delivered dec 12th.

The fact theres no corrosion warranty and theres no corrosion protection on some surfaces has me very concerned. Why I documented it with Tesla. I'm not holding my breath for them to repaint the door sills

Pics of unpainted sills?

I do agree with M8. Would like to see.

@AWDTesla: was that really necessary?

@AWDTesla: was that really necessary

Move along if words hurt you.

Dude. Chill. I’m not arguing at all with you. Just surprised and was curious what it even looks like. I have a family member with a 3 as well. Painted sills for him too.

Profanity is the sign of a lazy mind

Sticks n stones.................

Jtwo | 16. heinäkuu 2019

I chalked up the pricing ups and downs to being an early adopter, etc. But Tesla including Pearl White as the standard color that I paid $1500 for SUCKS!

Another thing, the people that call the standard color "free"; it's not free, you still have to pay for the car to get it in that color.

Children in cages SUCKS!

Having the privilege to own a TESLA, at any price, is AWESOME!

Children in cages is not an opinion.

lbowroom | 16. heinäkuu 2019

So the paint sucks and diesels are better?

lbowroom | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Thank you for your well informed opinions

jonabramson | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Is this the first price drop since the reduced tax rebate to $1875 now? I heard white was gonna be the new base option. Seems the price difference on all but the P3D drop is factored in this.

terminator9 | 16. heinäkuu 2019

They are probably running out of black and have a whole lot of white in stock :) They should change it every 6 months to balance the inventory.

raqball | 16. heinäkuu 2019

AWDTesla is a prime example of why Tesla needs to be active in these forums....

TESLA is very active here, we are TESLA.

Kary993 | 16. heinäkuu 2019

this thread is about pearl white paint being standard....start flagging the idiots please!

seguetester | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Anybody else angry about the price drop and color changes. I bought a Model 3 performance on Jun 18 for $5000 more than today’s price in pearl white for another $1500. Feel totally screwed by Tesla today. I am fine with the price I paid but now I am upset that it will be FOREVER before I have ANY equity in this car. It is 3 weeks old and way underwater. How about some free FSD or a year or two of free Supercharging for all the folks that just got royally screwed?

lilbean | 16. heinäkuu 2019

You should have gotten blue or red. Haha!

WantMY | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Yep, just another easter egg on the face of early adapters, but absolutely the right thing to do to attract new buyers.

For sure the right thing to do and I am a total fanboi. I love my Model 3 and my Tesla stock is doing great. But I still feel like recent buyers should get a discount on FSD or free supercharger miles to be a small gesture for how screwed that they just got. $6500 is a big delta to swallow. Please Tesla, do SOMETHING to show you care about your customers that gave you a successful Q2.

RES IPSA | 16. heinäkuu 2019

I generally like my pearl white, but I have had issues with the bumpers having a slightly yellowish tint to them when compared to the rest of the car. This is not only a Tesla problem. Keep that in mind when choosing the pearl white. It can be hard to match the white color when painting plastic versus metal.

lilbean | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Doesn't anyone monitor the price fluctuations on other cars? Ha! No.

No need to monitor other cars. Their prices only go UP.

rxlawdude | 16. heinäkuu 2019

@RES, that issue (mismatched bumper color on white M3s) was supposedly resolved a while ago. It was definitely an issue in early 2018.

bj | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Very entertaining thread, it’s become like a primary school playground spat.

EAPme | 16. heinäkuu 2019

Love my Pearl White Model 3 and wouldn't have it any other way. It's probably the most common colorway for Model 3 in my neck of the woods, with MSM being pretty close.

End result is more cars like mine on the road. Not a horrible thing.

Pages