Forums

Thank you @Burrdogg, @M8B, and others for helping me make it to the high mileage club.

Thank you @Burrdogg, @M8B, and others for helping me make it to the high mileage club.

Hey!! I'm officially part of the Tesla 3 Mileage Leaderboard.

Special thanks to Burrdogg, M8B, and one other person who helped me with the instructions (sorry bud, unable to recollect from all the exchanges we've had on the forums)

A small celebration ahead of my 18th month anniversary - for whatever it's worth :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/axZNDCVimgkpEchZ7

Magic 8 Ball | 17. heinäkuu 2019

Questions: We are here to help
Opinions: Put on waders, flak jacket, and a helmet

vmulla | 17. heinäkuu 2019

@M8B,
Yes, I'm quite used to it :)
But seriously, thank you - I didn't even know there was such a leaderboard until one of you mentioned it.

jjgunn | 17. heinäkuu 2019

What if a person has 40,000 miles within a year but it's between 2 Tesla's??

terminator9 | 17. heinäkuu 2019

Congrats!!

jjgunn | July 17, 2019
What if a person has 40,000 miles within a year but it's between 2 Teslas??

----
First off, I'd love to be that person :)
Next, it's not fair.
Finally, send the pic of your account with both the cars on it and their mileage - worth a shot :)

Really this is all about having a smile for a while, isn't it?
---
After looking at that leaderboard, I've become aware I'm racing towards the end of my warranty with an early vin 3 - not good. @burrdogg's wisdom is shining bright here - he's actually mothballing his 3 for that very reason. Next, I've resolved strongly to use my Leaf to the maximum allowed mileage on its lease. Sad - but I'll have to find ways to be enthusiastic about my Leaf.

Bighorn | 17. heinäkuu 2019

I mothballed the 3 because I was fixing to be out of warranty after 6 months. Holding at 37k and no you can’t do cumulative miles between cars. 254k on the S.

@bighorn,
You just pushed me down to #17.
And if we consider your friends, and other folks who don't report their miles I'm probably #250+ :))

The real message is that this car is fun!

carlk | 17. heinäkuu 2019

For a moment I thought you need to perform certain acts to get in the club. Well I guess not.

Congrats!

carlk | July 17, 2019
For a moment I thought you need to perform certain acts to get in the club. Well I guess not.

Congrats!

---

Romance mode on :))

Magic 8 Ball | 17. heinäkuu 2019

You're thinking of the mile high club, much different.

hokiegir1 | 18. heinäkuu 2019

Wait...how does one get in on this? I'm at a little over 35k since April of last year. :p

Never mind. I figured it out and have submitted.

Kathy Applebaum | 18. heinäkuu 2019

Dang it, if we hadn't taken hubby's 3 on vacation last year I would qualify. Guess I have some driving to do this weekend. :)

CharleyBC | 18. heinäkuu 2019

And I thought our 20K was high. Y’all are amazing!

surfpearl | 18. heinäkuu 2019

Each mile spent in a car is a mile less spent on a bicycle or on foot. Just sayin' :)

@Surfpearl - I'm not walking or biking from ATL to Myrtle Beach or Orlando. Just not happening. ;)

RedShift | 18. heinäkuu 2019

@Bighorn

“254k on the S.”

Any issues with the S, BH? Particularly interested in any drivetrain noise that is apparent after so many miles?

Bighorn | 18. heinäkuu 2019

@RS
Had a couple of the early drivetrains with metal bearings that got replaced. Current ceramic set has 193k miles with no issues. Battery replaced at 197k. Several random replacement issues—heater, charge port, pumps, dc-dc, suspension parts.

lilbean | 18. heinäkuu 2019

I would be in the running for the lowest miles driven.

Kathy Applebaum | 18. heinäkuu 2019

@surfpearl But you can use the car to take your bike some place fun to ride. ;-)

jamespompi | 18. heinäkuu 2019

@hokiegir1 Its a twitter account under @TeslaMiles. You have to tweet a pic of your odometer to them. Its been nice to see the account starting to get some traction in the community.

@jamespompi - Already done, and he retweeted mine earlier today. :) My screenname isn't the same on both.