Forums

Tesla Mobile App - Quality/Upgrade Issues

Tesla Mobile App - Quality/Upgrade Issues

Tesla app on my mobile just got upgraded to (\version 3.9.0 (c6367655f) ... and the bad part is that my phone key settings got erased with the upgrade! To make things worse, I did not take my "card key" with me and now I can not start my car! I will have to call somebody to bring me my card key .. what a hustle! This type of info should not be lost when upgrading to a new version.

BTW, I do know that I should carry actual physical card with me ... but anyway I think that Tesla App upgrade is buggy. Anybody else finding this a problem?

godspeedismust | 14. elokuu 2019

I want to buy a model 3 in the next few months. I test drove one and fell in love. While researching I found this. (I’ll post a link at the end) this would increase the rebate to 7,500. I was wondering if anyone knows how to read this . It mentions July 2020 but is that when it would go into effect or would that be when they send out the rebate. Thank you for the information. I can’t wait to join you all!

sleeper service | 14. elokuu 2019

I have only one problem with the new app. What are the units? They are not kw hours. For instance for the 13 of August I have:

Home App csv=125.4 and the app shows 19.4, for Solar 114.2 vs 10.7 and for Powerwall 11.1 vs 7.2

Otherwise the user interface is pretty good.

reed_lewis | 14. elokuu 2019

@godspeedismust The federal tax credit for a Tesla is now $1875. There might be state or local rebates, but that is dependant on where you are located. There is no more $7500 tax credit on a Tesla.

Every EV manufacturer has different rebate schedules depending on how many EV cars they have sold.

Techy James | 14. elokuu 2019

I updated to new app version yesterday on my iPhone, and haven't had any issues with the app since with Model 3 using App as Key.

EVRider | 14. elokuu 2019

I upgraded the app yesterday (iPhone) and had no issues with the phone key. I always have key card with me just in case.

timo.schwarz.82 | 15. elokuu 2019

Same here. Since update 3.9.0 the app lost my username and password for login and the connected key several times.

iPhone SE 16GB
IOS 12.4
Tesla 2019.28.3
App 3.9.0

BTW: Its still possible to open and start you Tesla via App by using "unlock" and "start"

michaellynch210 | 16. elokuu 2019

I have the same issue with 3.9.0... have had to re-connect my phone to the car twice, and fortunately had my key card with me. Hope they fix this soon!

Sportsfan919 | 16. elokuu 2019

I have the same exact issue as well. My iPhone as a keycard worked perfectly until the 3.9.0 update.
Very frustrating.
I need to sign in everytime and always need to use physical key card to start car.

One tip - I have my Tesla password saved in my iPhone passwords. In the app when you type in your info , I click on the “key” icon that calls up and auto fills my password info

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

dveebing01 | 16. elokuu 2019

I have the same issue with 3.9.0... have had to re-connect my phone to the car twice, and fortunately had my key card with me. Hope they fix this soon!

i agree with u sir!!