Forums

Interior camera - any ideas when & how we’ll be able to use?

Interior camera - any ideas when & how we’ll be able to use?

So many possible uses for that camera - would love to know if the limitation on it today is purely software, or if it’s physically not connected.

Magic 8 Ball | 14. syyskuu 2019

A mystery camera thread, it has been a while.

miguelcampeau | 14. syyskuu 2019

Could be used to film interior of car once FSD is available and Tesla Network car sharing service is launched.
Could be used to monitor if driver is falling asleep.
Nose picking alarm!
So many possibilities, nothing as been officially announced.

M3phan | 14. syyskuu 2019
MAB1980 | 14. syyskuu 2019

It’s almost certainly disabled via software. They wouldn’t put in hardware you have to physically connect to enable; that would overwhelm their service centers.

M3phan | 15. syyskuu 2019

Yep, just like the side cameras were.

noleaf4me | 15. syyskuu 2019

So you can see yourself on the screen when you are self driving

rmg007 | 15. syyskuu 2019

It will be used for Face Time, right after the Apple Car Play update we receive in V.11.

Smalm | 15. syyskuu 2019

Hopefully will be used to detect drivers falling asleep at the wheel and blast the alarm clocks from Dark Side of the Moon

Resist | 18. syyskuu 2019

Using that camera to detect a driver falling asleep is way better then sensing their hand pressure on the steering wheel. And also using it with Sentry Mode would be great. Or if we could access it remotely with our phone say to check on our dog(s) in the car.

syclone | 18. syyskuu 2019

Not that I don't trust Elon, but as soon as I remind myself to do it, I'm going to put a strip of black tape over that internal camera lens

Resist | 18. syyskuu 2019

cyclone - I suppose you put tape on the camera lens of your phone and computer too?

syclone | 19. syyskuu 2019

@Resist: Computer, yes - Phone, no It spends most of its time inside my pocket.

calvin940 | 19. syyskuu 2019

I had no idea there was one. Cool.

jimglas | 19. syyskuu 2019

It's only turned on in Romance mode