Forums

Yellow exclaimation mark on round energy graph

Yellow exclaimation mark on round energy graph

The last week or so, I notice that now and then on the round energy graph, there would be a yellow exclamation triangle at the lower right quadrant, sometimes with a dashed yellow line on the bottom of that quadrant. Temperature outside is 60F. That goes away pretty quickly, within a few seconds. This is a 2018 S100D. Anyone know what is the warning for?

Bighorn | 05. marraskuu 2019

Limited regen. Comes on when battery temp is around 60.

chungylau | 05. marraskuu 2019

Outside temp is about 62F. Isn't that a normal operating condition?

Bighorn | 05. marraskuu 2019

Outside temp is not the metric--it's the cold soaked temperature of the battery. Did it sit in a garage at 59F, for instance? Nobody here knows exactly what the threshold is.

jordanrichard | 05. marraskuu 2019

Nothing to see here, completely normal. Wait until is gets really cold and you get a warning saying that there is no re-gen at all. That has happened to me several times over the years here in CT. Sitting outside while I am at my office for 8 hours, when it is a cozy 10 degs out, tends to make a battery pack a touch "cold"...........

chungylau | 05. marraskuu 2019

This showed up after 10 minutes of driving. Garage could be at 50F.

weertsg | 13. marraskuu 2019

I have limited regen at 40 degrees ambient. If I preheat the car will that help regen?

Bighorn | 13. marraskuu 2019

@weertsg
Your climate app will show when battery heating is active via battery icon. That will improve regen.

EVRider | 13. marraskuu 2019

When I’ve been on road trips, I’ve had the energy graph pop up on my dash display but was never sure why. It definitely wasn’t a temperature-related issue in all cases. It seemed a couple of times the graph was telling me my WH per mile was unusually high, like between 500-600, even though it was normally in the 300’s at highway speeds. The graph usually goes away after several seconds. I haven’t noticed if there’s an info icon on the touchscreen that would show you a message when it happens.

tes-s | 13. marraskuu 2019
NKYTA | 13. marraskuu 2019

Not seem that EVRider since 6.0 ;-)

cbpenn | 13. marraskuu 2019

I didn't know that the cold battery could cause the regen to not work but I did notice it a couple of times while driving yesterday. It was in the 20s here in the Nashville area yesterday afternoon and really the only time I noticed it not working properly is when I was driving slower and slowing down.....When I would be driving faster, it seemed to work and then again, it wouldn't take when I was driving more slowly. Weird.