Forums

Image recognition can be terrifying

Image recognition can be terrifying

Was pulling into the garage after bringing my daughter home from a late after-school practice. Both of us had quite a start when the GUI displayed a full grown man standing in front of us ~but there was noone there~ Woooooooo. Had a good laugh once we realized it had interpreted the pop-up canopy my wife had leaned against the wall as a person.

gmr6415 | 15. marraskuu 2019

I came up next to a bass boat on a trailer the other day that had a huge outboard motor on the back. The car thought it was a motorcycle.

Sarah R | 15. marraskuu 2019

I would think that those are things that Tesla would like to know about in order to improve the AI. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can suggest how to flag those events for review?

Magic 8 Ball | 15. marraskuu 2019

You can do a scroll wheel bug report, if you wish.
Or you can email them.

The seem to be constantly improving. I still am enjoying that dashed lines on the road show as dashed lines now, it keeps getting better.

M3phan | 15. marraskuu 2019

Ghost mode

jamilworm | 15. marraskuu 2019

Whenever I am waiting in front of my garage door while it is opening it shows up as bus wiggling around in front of me.

M3phan | 15. marraskuu 2019

John McElroy walked past my car and the screen showed a hemorrhoid floating by.

wingsy | 17. marraskuu 2019

Stopped next to a delivery truck the other day. There was an empty hand truck standing upright near the rear of the truck, and on my screen there was a man standing there where the hand truck was.

Bighorn | 17. marraskuu 2019

Slenderman?

kevin_rf | 17. marraskuu 2019

You know, if I fold the back seat down, my hand trunk slides right in. See, UPS is buying the wrong vehicles for delivery.

styvwerx | 17. marraskuu 2019

For some reason my M3 recognizes the open garage door as a semi-truck. Hilarious!

Sarah R | 17. marraskuu 2019

As I mentioned upstream, I'd think that Tesla would want to know when its AI is hallucinating. Maybe someone from Tesla could actually address the point? How would one go about getting an answer?

Daryl | 17. marraskuu 2019

I was on a noisy road and tried to report, "Bug report: Aborted lane change", but the car interpreted it as "Bank of America supports abortion".

We couldn't stop laughing about that one.

gballant4570 | 17. marraskuu 2019

You all must have HW3.....

Sarah R | 17. marraskuu 2019

@Daryl, that's two bug reports.

M3phan | 17. marraskuu 2019

I wonder each time I bug report, (which hasn’t been many times), how Tesla processes incoming bug reports, every once in a while I can get it right the first time, but usually it takes me at least two sometimes three or four attempts to get the thing to record me properly and completely.
Conversely, my “navigate to” requests have never had a problem.

CharleyBC | 18. marraskuu 2019

Someone reported a few days ago that release 36 on HW3 visualized a squatting dog as a traffic cone. I laughed the rest of the afternoon.

jimglas | 18. marraskuu 2019

@Daryl: Maybe your car knows more than we think