Forums

A/C always on?

A/C always on?

Can anyone explain how the A/C and heater work together in the Model 3? For example, let’s say it’s 40 degrees outside, I set climate to 72, it blows cool air with the A/C on. Even if the air is warmer than 40, I’m trying to warm up with cool air blowing on me, not ideal. Is the air blowing out 72 degree air? It seems if I want warm air I have to set climate to 75 or higher. But then it blows really hot air, and it gets too hot in the car and I have to crack a window. It makes the auto climate pretty much useless in the winter. Seems to works fine in the summer though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

roger.klurfeld | 06. joulukuu 2019

Like the heat on the 2d floor of my house, the air conditioning unit supplies the air. There is a resistance heating element that engages the air before it goes into the cabin that warms the air. As with a toaster, it takes a few seconds for the heater to warm up. In my car, I usually set the temperature to 68 degrees F in the winter. It may need to be higher in very windy or cold days because of thermal loss. I find that setting the chair heater on at the beginning keeps me comfortable. If it gets too hot, I turn the car heater off and use just the chair heater. Increases both comfort and range.