Forums

50,000 miles!!

50,000 miles!!

What a ride it's been :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4TJs85iJRURFTA6M8

50k in under 2yrs. Before this car my annual mileage was ~15k, that should give a sense of how much I'm in love with this car.

Picked it up on Jan 26, 2018. Never a dull moment with the car.

I hope you folks enjoy your car as much I enjoy mine.

surfpearl | 10. joulukuu 2019

Congrats, here's to adding one more zero in the future!

WW_spb | 10. joulukuu 2019

Congrats! Many more happy miles to you and your car

VolleyballNE1 | 10. joulukuu 2019

Congratulations! Now you are out of warranty. hahaha

Shesmyne2 | 10. joulukuu 2019

Wow! That’s a lot of happy miles.

Still Grinning ;-)

spuzzz123 | 10. joulukuu 2019

Glad you were in autopilot while you snapped those photos! Man that’s a lot of miles in a short time. That’s a crazy low vin. Vmulla are you a tesla employee or model s/x prior owner?

Pg3ibew | 11. joulukuu 2019

Wow!! Nice. I have a question. If you were only putting 15k on your cars prior to getting your M3, where are you driving now? That you would get so many more miles under your belt?

mazers | 11. joulukuu 2019

@vmulla, I'm not too far behind you. Took delivery in July 2018 and now put about 2k miles/month on it vs about 15k/year on previous car. It seems we always take the Tesla now instead of my wife's Grand Cherokee. We will see what happens when she gets her Model Y. Congrats on the 50k miles!

jamespompi | 11. joulukuu 2019

@Pg3ibew for me its just being the one that always offers to drive anywhere now and taking more road trips. I have 35k after 16 months.

vmulla | 11. joulukuu 2019

@VolleyballNE1,
Yup, the car is out of warranty :( it had to happen sooner or later. I'm focusing on the positive.

@Spuzzz123,
I had S and X before this car (leased), the lease put me in there owner priority list. Also, my wife stood in line to gift me a pre-release reservation, she was ~25th place in line. Early reservation number plus the owner priority helped us snag this car. 3110 is an earlish VIN, this was one of the first 5 non-employee cars in Washington DC area.

@Pg3ibew,
@Mazers pretty much answered for me :)
Also, we're enjoying more long weekends with a vacation - like our Thanksgiving trip to Key West. Our driving radius from our home has increased considerably thanks to AP.
---
My other Teslas were leased, so I watched mileage carefully on them. I enjoyed them for sure, but not nearly as much as the 3. The form factor is also perfect for our family, and daily needs.
With all that said, I'm eagerly waiting for the Y, it's the only car I think can beat the 3 in matching my needs.

Scrannel | 11. joulukuu 2019

Only had mine for about a month -- can see I have a lot to look forward to!

billtphotoman | 11. joulukuu 2019

Congratulations and while I have no chance of hitting that mileage at my 2 year mark (my commute to work is 10 miles round trip) I can say my model 3 has rekindled my love affair with road trips. Have done two 1500+ miler in the last 5 months.

DaShyt | 11. joulukuu 2019

Congrats. I may be hitting 60 in under 2 years at the rate I'm going. :-) Love the car!

Varricks | 17. joulukuu 2019

Got mine July 27. Now at 14,880 miles.

I likes to drive.

rxlawdude | 17. joulukuu 2019

I've got VIN 00138x and it's at 47K miles (since at the end of 2017). Our trip to AZ for the holidays will get it much closer to the end. Of the warranty, that is.

aptwo | 17. joulukuu 2019

Looks like Michael J. Fox took those pictures.

yudansha™ | 17. joulukuu 2019

@aptwo He was just super excited.

charles.a.braun | 17. joulukuu 2019

I passed my warranty about 6 months ago. Currently at 72,111 mostly happy miles driven.

vmulla | 17. joulukuu 2019

@charles.a.braun,
This is one fun car :) mostly happy miles here as well.

Also, I would wait for you and other early VIN-ers to post something on the forum. Thanks for all those posts.

nwfan | 18. joulukuu 2019

Mar 2018 LR RWD Model 3. I got lots of miles left in my warranty.
7400 miles so far.

christina | 18. joulukuu 2019

VIN 4181 here, but "only" 34K miles. Have done about 6 road trips in the last 2 years. This car is so fun and easy to drive. I never used to like driving on trips, but now I prefer the Tesla to airport TSA.

Syed.Hosain | 18. joulukuu 2019

Cool! I am at just over 31k in 18 months ... good experience so far!

hokiegir1 | 18. joulukuu 2019

Congrats! I'm not far behind. We're at 42k miles with a 13xxx vin. We used to split the mileage between vehicles, but now pretty much take the Model 3 everywhere. Add that to my family moving closer (6 hours instead of 12) and we've been racking it up.

WEST TEX EV | 18. joulukuu 2019

Congrats. Any thoughts on real world battery degradation / range loss? (I have read it should be minimal....)

vmulla | 18. joulukuu 2019

@WEST TEX EV
I thought folks didn't want to know :))

This is the best info I have for Model 3 owners: Zero range loss at 50K
Yes, ZERO!

WEST TEX EV | 18. joulukuu 2019

NOICE!! #Fakenews

CharleyBC | 18. joulukuu 2019

To congratulate you on your high-mileage achievement, I will buy you a Steadicam for Christmas! ;-)