Forums

Brand new Tesla M3 with sound for pedestrians?

Brand new Tesla M3 with sound for pedestrians?

A friend of mine just took delivery of his brand new Tesla Model 3 less than one week ago. When he drove into the parking lot I told him that I could hear his electric motor running in the front. He replied that he has rear wheel drive, and since it was a cold day I said it might be the fan running for the heater on the battery. Afterwards I wondered if this sound is generated when the car is running less than 15 MPH for pedestrians to hear? Interesting. Anybody heard of new sounds for pedestrians?

WW_spb | 18. joulukuu 2019

Yes. It's on for cars made after September 2019.

Scrannel | 18. joulukuu 2019

Mine, which is a late Sept., makes a sound like a UFO when in reverse.

I meant including September

Pg3ibew | 18. joulukuu 2019

My car doesnt make any noise.

@Pg3ibew it does

rob | 18. joulukuu 2019

My December 2018 build came with an Audible Pedestrian Warning system.

It's called a horn. Works great!

Big Horn?

rob | 18. joulukuu 2019

That's a great idea!
I should put some longhorns on the front of my car so I could reach out and touch someone.

rob, yo can use them to measure distance to curb ))

M3phan | 18. joulukuu 2019

Lots has been posted and discussed about this. I’m glad I have an earlier build without the noisemaker. Here’s a video showing how to disconnect it, in such a way that it can be reconnected if you’re so inclined: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhcMbA_LLfo

Stinnett | 18. joulukuu 2019

Cut the red wire.

I have a QM3 (Quiet Model 3) and I'm very glad this is so. However, a Jetson's sound ... maybe ... if it were a toggle.

Life is good but its better in a (quiet) Tesla.

apodbdrs | 18. joulukuu 2019

@Pg3ibew, are deaf? Your car has been making an awful loud sound for weeks! Ha! Ha!