Forums

Spent over 100k and can't call or contact service

Spent over 100k and can't call or contact service

Hello Tesla,

Please explain why I can't call or contact service outside the app. I have very specific questions and when I spend over $100k on a car I expect to be able to talk with service.

Oh, and by the way. When you create an appointment and they respond back via text you can't send a reply as they don't get it. Then remember, you can't call to talk to them. So I now have an appointment, got a text with a reply and that the appointment was cancelled, can't call and talk to Tesla service, and on the app the appointment is still active.

What service model is available if I were to spend $200k?

Or, are you stating that we should not consider Tesla as a future purchase because the cars are not supported from a service perspective?

Mike

jerrykham | 11. tammikuu 2020

You can't contact Tesla through the forums - they don't monitor or reply to anything here. This is for Tesla owners to converse with other Tesla owners.

SCCRENDO | 11. tammikuu 2020

It is a problem and not ideal. It is part of the teething problems of a rapidly growing company. Because I am a shareholder and a fanbois I am willing to cut them slack. It is certainly better than sitting on the phone waiting for an hour. Most stuff can wait a week or two for a service. Often they will try send round mobile service. If you really need something you likely need to drive by a service center. The good news is that not much goes wrong with these cars. If you just have a question ask us. We usually know the answer. But I cannot guaranty the answer won’t be snotty.

mike | 11. tammikuu 2020

I am a shareholder as well. I will take the run on the stock. But, ask me if I can recommend a company that provides no ability for owners that have cars under warranty and spent over $100k to answer the phone.

EVRider | 11. tammikuu 2020

@mike: When I've been texted by Tesla I was able to reply, so maybe that's specific to your service center.

Here's a trick for getting through to a human when calling service: in the voice response system, choose the option to check on the status of your car. Someone will answer.

TeslaTap.com | 11. tammikuu 2020

The sense I got is Tesla was overwhelmed with questions - many of which are easily answered in the manual. I guess Tesla could increase the cost of the cars to pay for a massive call center than answers basic questions all day. Nothing wrong with that, but so far Tesla has elected to not to do that. Nothing is free, no matter the cost of the product. Some of us prefer to have a better price and don't need a lot of hand-holding. Others may be used to a different way of doing business, and don't mind paying for it.

This forum also does a good job of answering many questions too. It's rare to hear a new question that hasn't already been answered many times here. Google is your friend too, and likely take a lot less time than any phone call. Perhaps we all need to realize this is a new way of doing business. It's not bad or good - just different and has some advantages too.

jordanrichard | 11. tammikuu 2020

OP, one spending 100K doesn’t entitle them to any special treatment.

What issue are you having with our car. Often, actually all too often, people seek service for issues that are normal. Every Fall, service/customer support is inundated with calls from panicking owners about increase range loss/energy usage.

stingray.don | 11. tammikuu 2020

So I now have an appointment, got a text with a reply and that the appointment was cancelled, can't call and talk to Tesla service, and on the app the appointment is still active.

What was the issue? What explanation was provided? Tesla typically cancels an appointment when the issue is not one they can assist with at the time. Like range issues that are actually expected behavior or trying to get an early HW3 upgrade.

hcwhy | 11. tammikuu 2020

@TeslaTap: Yes, I would be willing to pay more for great service. In fact, I wouldn't buy a car from a company that had a reputation for poor service, such as Mercedes had a while back. I've always had phenomenal service from Tesla in Cincinnati, but I haven't needed any since the introduction of the model 3....and that's a good thing too.

Orthopod | 11. tammikuu 2020

I recommend this car only to millennials

We’re the only ones who were not used to be specially treated because of big money

patrick40363 | 11. tammikuu 2020

EV rider answered you question above. It is how I get in touch with service.

BadgerErickson | 12. tammikuu 2020

Good morning Mike,
You & I are Tesla and we can help each other.

There are many people in THIS forum who have ZERO interest in helping anyone, so take your responses above with a grain of salt, except EVrider appears to have a great solution to start with. (Others are actually here to harass and scare away Tesla business!)

What is your problem with which model, and where are you located? Try the DIY area, for perhaps a quick solution?

https://www.tesla.com/support/do-it-yourself-guides

stingray.don | 12. tammikuu 2020

The OP hasn’t responded with an explanation of the issue. I suspect just customer education otherwise the appointment would not have been cancelled. The use of the DIY guides is a good suggestion.

andy.connor.e | 12. tammikuu 2020

What are you going into service for?

vitaman | 12. tammikuu 2020

"one spending 100K doesn’t entitle them to any special treatment."
Cannot really agree here.
Speaking as someone who truly loves my Tesla service, my experience with service in general is highly dependent on the amount of money spent.
Have had way better experiences with Porsche dealers than Honda dealers, and better service from Neiman Marcus than Belks.

dmm1240 | 12. tammikuu 2020

I keep seeing these "tesla service stinks" threads pop up on these forums, usually they're FOS. I've never had a problem with Tesla service at all.

Recently, my Tesla gave me a "service required" warning. I went to the Service choice on the app and informed them of the problem. In no time, I received a query for some clarification and we had a back and forth. Tesla service had me scheduled for a mobile service appointment within a couple of days, but first asked me to perform a hard reset and so forth. I did, they monitored and the problem whatever it was cleared up. The rep I talked with on the phone at that point was happy, but suggested we keep the appointment on the books while I drove the car around some to make sure it was fine. It was, I cancelled the appointment and that was that. Then service followed up with a nice note saying they were happy the problem could be solved so easily and that my car was running fine.

I have never ever had one single problem with Tesla service in the 2.5 years I've owned a MX. Maybe they're a bit overwhelmed in California because of the rapid growth, but I have ZERO complaints here in the SE and look on all these whines as made up BS until proven otherwise.

hcwhy | 12. tammikuu 2020

Mike: It's been my experience that just about any...and I mean ANY... problem in a Tesla can be solved by a reboot. Have you tried that?

NKYTA | 13. tammikuu 2020

TSLA $508.20 at 8:35 Pacific.

There is your answer.

andy.connor.e | 13. tammikuu 2020

My biggest problem with people who post threads about service sucking, is that they never return to their thread for follow-up comments. So its either that the post itself is fake, or they literally just logged onto their Tesla account, went to the forums, and ranted in a moment of RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! and then left it at that for everyone here to read. In which, i have no sympathy for people who ONLY rant.

reed_lewis | 13. tammikuu 2020

OK. As others have asked.... What is the issue with your car that you desperately need to talk to someone about?

As to responding via text message, I have seen the opposite. When I have created appointments, I have gotten text messages, and have responded with additional data, and have gotten responses to those text messages. The other thing to do is to add additional text to the appointment that you have created. If you get it all in writing, then they always will see it.

reed_lewis | 13. tammikuu 2020

As to people not coming back, I will defend them because this forum is so 'unfeaturefilled' that sometimes you do not even know that a response has been created in a thread that you create. There is no ability to 'follow' a thread and see responses, etc. Sometimes the work to find an old thread is just too much to do.

TeslaTap.com | 13. tammikuu 2020

@reed - I sort of agree with you, but this has been on the top page for days, and the OP has never returned to explain what the issue was, even though many of us are willing to help. It does start to feel like a hit and run, but I prefer to give the benefit of doubt. Maybe Mike will return, or Tesla solved his issue already.

Sazeff | 17. tammikuu 2020

I’ve had bad service experiences with both my X’s. My first one was wrecked while being serviced. It was being moved with a open door that was run into a wall. 2 months later I got the car back.
This past week I took my X to get a window repaired, asked for a loaner since I live 90 miles away, was told after an hours wait no loaners were available. I found out later the dealership had 20 loaners for 300 appointments., but told I could get Uber credits. I told them I would rent a car and use the Uber credits later. When I picked the car up and asked about my Uber credits, I was told they expired and someone should have told me I couldn’t use them after the car was picked up. This will probably be my last Tesla.

Sazeff | 17. tammikuu 2020

I’ve had bad service experiences with both my X’s. My first one was wrecked while being serviced. It was being moved with a open door that was run into a wall. 2 months later I got the car back.
This past week I took my X to get a window repaired, asked for a loaner since I live 90 miles away, was told after an hours wait no loaners were available. I found out later the dealership had 20 loaners for 300 appointments., but told I could get Uber credits. I told them I would rent a car and use the Uber credits later. When I picked the car up and asked about my Uber credits, I was told they expired and someone should have told me I couldn’t use them after the car was picked up. This will probably be my last Tesla.

FISHEV | 18. tammikuu 2020

If you are a celebrity, you get better service.

https://insideevs.com/news/393102/nassim-taleb-tweets-elon-musk-replies/

andy.connor.e | 18. tammikuu 2020

Life is very different for those who are rich.

jimglas | 18. tammikuu 2020

money wont buy happiness
but it will make a good down payment