Forums

Slightly OT: Where did my posts go?

Slightly OT: Where did my posts go?

Okay, sounds like a silly question. However, I didn't check for about a week and one of the threads I started in the Model 3 forums is no longer there. There were some responses and I posted follow up replies, but now I don't see it anywhere (tried a Google search as well).

In addition, some of the comments I made on a thread are also gone. The thread is still there as well as the other posts I recognize, but all of my posts are gone.

I didn't post anything against the rules. I'm a relatively new poster, did I get moderated?

TabascoGuy | 02. maaliskuu 2020

Try this:

site:forums.tesla.com coffeepowered

My search only showed one thread that you created.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/about-recentclips-folder-teslacam

EVRider | 02. maaliskuu 2020

@CoffeePowered: I don't know if TabascoGuy found the thread you were looking for, but the forum administrators don't moderate posts (except in rare circumstances). However, other owners can flag posts as inappropriate, and if a post receives 7 flags (I think that's still the magic number), it will automatically go away.

If you didn't post anything controversial, it wouldn't have been flagged. In most cases it's the spammers who get flagged.

TabascoGuy | 02. maaliskuu 2020

@EVRider - There was another thread that showed up in the search but it looks like it was flagged away.

CoffeePowered | 02. maaliskuu 2020

Thanks. That was the thread I was looking for. I did a site search with the term recentclips and it didn’t show as a result for me. Weird.

For my other thread, I was just asking about rear door pocket liners. Don’t think that’s controversial. And I made a couple comments in the seat heater upgrade thread about considering it. So, uhm... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, thanks again for the responses.

CoffeePowered | 02. maaliskuu 2020

Haha. Okay, scratch that last part. I found a different seat heater upgrade thread and my posts were in that one. I chalk up that boneheadedness to not having enough coffee today.

FISHEV | 03. maaliskuu 2020

If your post was considered "anti-Tesla" by a small group of fanbots, they've figured out how to abuse the system to delete other owners posts they don't like.

It's why Tesla forums has such a bad rep and why owners asking questions get attacked and don't come back. Other forums moderate these bad actors. Tesla did prevent them from eliminating owner posts, suspended and sent cease and desist emails to them. Tesla raised the "flag" level (it was never intended to delete posts and comments) on Posts an Comments but on Posts it is lower so the fanbots can still do it but it's a lot better than it was.

derotam | 03. maaliskuu 2020

Way to not read FISHY. The OP found their "missing" posts.

TabascoGuy | 03. maaliskuu 2020

@FishEV - "Tesla raised the "flag" level (it was never intended to delete posts and comments)"

If flags were never intended to delete posts and comments, then what exactly were they intended for? Also, please elaborate on exactly how you know the answer to this question.

"Also, please elaborate on exactly how you know the answer to this question."

When I first purchased car and logged on to Tesla forums, it was (and is with minor improvements) version of Lord of the Flies with unsupervised children going atavistic with personal insults, deletions of posts, owners getting attacked and it was just a small group, understandable as most owners post once, get attacked and don't come back.

So I got attacked with all kinds of crazy stuff including that I didn't own a Tesla and some other bizarre ideations. Another new owners shows up and challenged me to meet him at Tesla to prove it. We did, had a great time at SC, and of course it became one of the most epic internet smackdowns in history for the Tesla fanbois. They didn't take it well and went even crazier. it turns out the other owner was ex-LEO and was shocked at the out of control attacks that he started getting for proving the fanbois wrong.

He contacts Tesla (no mean feat) and gets the worst offender (Magic8Ball) suspended and the others got cease and desist emails from Tesla. Tesla also made changes to the forum software to reduce the ability of the fanbois to delete owners posts. Tesla noted that was all they could short of changing the forum software. it was gratifying that they recognized the fanbois as a problem and did as something to stop their bad behavior.

This information was shared on the forums at the time.

"Flag as inapproriate" which most forums software has is used to send notes to moderators to look at posts. Since Tesla doesn't employ moderators, they set it to delete after flagging but that unleashed the "Flies".

Forums were never a priority for Tesla, no moderation, no Tesla input, so doubt we'll ever see much more improvement. Most owners, post once, get attacked and move on to the other moderated Tesla forums.

andy.connor.e | 03. maaliskuu 2020

"I found a different seat heater upgrade thread and my posts were in that one. I chalk up that boneheadedness to not having enough coffee today."

Congrats to FISHEV for not reading.

TabascoGuy | 03. maaliskuu 2020

@FishEV, nice fairy tale but I was referring to you own banishment from this forum.

"I was referring to you own banishment from this forum."

Hope springs eternal in a young fanbois heart. Doubt what happened to @Magic8ball will happen to me. I stick to Tesla topics. But you can still hope it might happen.

" The OP found their "missing" posts."

"For my other thread, I was just asking about rear door pocket liners. "

Apparently not...the fanbois deleted it for being non-canon.

TabascoGuy | 04. maaliskuu 2020

Your banishment as Eagles is fact. I looked at the archived threads myself so keep pushing your lies, we'll keep pushing back.

Also, we found the thread OP was looking for and he found the other. Nothing was deleted.

PrescottRichard | 04. maaliskuu 2020

CoffeePowered- are you a Roaster or a fan?

CoffeePowered | 05. maaliskuu 2020

It's for the caffeine. :-D

andy.connor.e | 05. maaliskuu 2020

Humans are technically coffee powered.

FISHEV | 05. maaliskuu 2020

"Your banishment as Eagles is fact. I looked at the archived threads myself so keep pushing your lies, we'll keep pushing back."

More a fantasy of the fanbois. One them was posting EAGLESPDX for some time and as recently as one of these threads. So you'd need to talk that person about your fantasy.

And obviously since I've posted since I purchased the Model 3, was never "banished" or even suspended as @MagicIBall was forced to admit.

But back to this issue of the fanbois deleting one of @CofferPowered posts for his asking questions about issues with the car.

FISHEV | 05. maaliskuu 2020

And just to put it all to bed, here's the fanboi EaglesPDX (not me) posting at the same time as me (FISHEV).

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/thank-you-seaglepdx#comme

EaglesPDX | January 8, 2020 You're welcome.

FISHEV | January 8, 2020it will be interesting to see who EaglesPDX above is when they change their name back. My guess is @M8B as he's been using different names a lot lately. When he changes back, the name should change back. A Tesla Reveal...oh boy.

TabascoGuy | 06. maaliskuu 2020

That was someone that signed in with your old handle as a joke you dumbass. That wasn't you posting.

Shall we repost threads (again) from the Wayback archive that clearly show your older posts labeled as EaglesPDX while the current pages show those same posts labeled FishEV? Simple proof of your name change.

andy.connor.e | 06. maaliskuu 2020

We've proven it multiple times. If you have to prove it 50 times to the same person, clearly they dont care. You know the answer so leave it be. You really think EaglesPDX is going to come out and admit that hes been on these forums for over 4 years and explain his reasoning behind his anti-tesla nonsense? I'll sell all my $TSLA if he does that.

TabascoGuy | 06. maaliskuu 2020

The problem (for me) is if no one responds, then the last post in every thread is his BS.

andy.connor.e | 06. maaliskuu 2020

Gotta flag it so it no longer exists.

FISHEV | 07. maaliskuu 2020

Here's an interesting thread on issues with the Tesla forums, note he lists all the bad actors in the screen shots. Hilarious.

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/went-tesla-delivery-hell-...