Forums

Smart Summon

Smart Summon

Smart summon comes with fsd package. Though I’m not crazy on fsd especially with that 7k price. I’m okay with basic autopilot. I would love to buy smart summon if they allow us to buy separately. Do you guys think they allow it ever? Or it’s part of fsd?

Fuzzball | 11. maaliskuu 2020

FSD only. If they carved this out there is nothing but Nav on AP left in FSD

M3D | 11. maaliskuu 2020

Smart summon is a fun feature that I never use. I look around the parking lot and all of the people at cars going around and end up just walking to the car. I have used it to show off the car, but I wouldn't buy it by itself IMHO. Nav on AP I use almost every time I drive! I don't think they would break out Smart Summon unless they add so many other features that it is not a primary deliverable.

Nakid | 11. maaliskuu 2020

I have to echo M3D. I've used it as a fun thing to show people, but never really used it for any other reason. I don't think it would make sense as a stand alone upgrade.

syclone | 11. maaliskuu 2020

Smart Summon also came with EAP. It's a nice demo trick, but not really very practical yet.

M3phan | 11. maaliskuu 2020

Agree. I use NOAP frequently. Love it. But SS has a spooky way of working for me when I’m alone but when I have a friend or coworker watching, the car most times seems to get scared and it’ll hesitate or stop partway/disconnect or drive like a drunk 10 year old.

M3phan | 11. maaliskuu 2020

Oddly, SS seemed to work a bit better for me in previous software versions, but recent versions, not as well. Mostly in how it chooses its pathway, seems to pick the longer less direct path. Second most frequent issue is mid course disconnect/stop. Talk about the walk of shame, haha!

gantimurty | 26. maaliskuu 2020

Iis just a toy. not worth if you have to pay for it. Its cute to see but has no practical use.

I am curious. If have smart summons does that mean I have FSD?

I am curious. If have smart summons does that mean I have FSD?

spuzzz123 | 27. maaliskuu 2020

Not necessarily. You may have ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ instead. It’s not offered now, but in 2018 that was an option. You should be able to see your options here, on Tesla’s site under Tesla Account->manage->details

gnealgnx | 28. maaliskuu 2020

Smart Summons notwithstanding, I would love my M3 more if I could get Basic Summons to work reliably... I Have had Mobile service visit home twice without any increase in Summon reliability get a song and dance about Wi Fi, LTE driveway incline , tight fit yada -yada., but no fix for the prob. What's your experience?

Lonestar10_1999 | 28. maaliskuu 2020

@M3phan- I agree that Smart Summon worked better when it first rolled out but has been performing poorer and poorer with each subsequent firmware upgrade for the reasons you stated.

Although Smart Summon is more of a gimmick than a need, it certainly allows the M3 owner to showcase Tesla and possibly convert ICE buyers into EV buyers. That’s why it’s important for Tesla to improve the AI in Smart Summon.