Car had to go in for service for “Restraint System Fault. Call Service”. They wanted it in quickly. Cruising a nice P85 loaner (more on that below).
1. You pull up, stay in car.
2. Have tent setup outside.
3. You drop your key in one box, pickup loaner key from another
4. You do all paperwork online.
5. Person wipes your car down with disinfectant. T
hey are going to fix other problems while there.
5. Fix the oil canning from bad battery vents.
6. Look at non-working Lane Keeping warnings.
7. Check alignment.
Staff at MacAdam are real nice folks. Service guys can keep their distance while working on cars. Must be a funny dance inside.
The center screen is a godsend. A shame Tesla didn’t go back to that for the Y.
The separate controls for cruise, wipes, mirrors, wipers, shift are better than on screen. Easy to do while not taking eyes off road which you still have to do with Model 3 even with voice command.
It seems a much slower charging car than M3. Hard to say with chargers. Had 44 miles left but started at 65kW and is now down to 39 kW at 70%.
The car graphic showing other cars, especially blind spot, is worse than M3 but mirrors can see blind spot so old school works better.
Leather smells real