Forums

Warning and acceleration and cannot restart car.

Warning and acceleration and cannot restart car.

Yesterday as I was parked I got a message on my 2016 Model S 70D 49,000 miles. It said acceleration and top speed reduce. It also said cannot restart. Another message acceleration and top speed reduce. It still drives but of course acceleration and regeneration is not working . Has anyone experienced this? I set up a service appointment but it’s not until next week March 31.

Thank you.

grins.va | 26. maaliskuu 2020

Try a reboot and let us know what happens

Jcastillo18 | 26. maaliskuu 2020

Yes I did a reboot twice nothing still the same. Did a power screen off waited 2 minutes to turn car on still nothing. I even did a factory reset and nothing. Called the tech guys and said it’s not a software problem according to what he saw .

akikiki | 26. maaliskuu 2020

Jcastillo18, This is a link on TMC to a discussion on Hardware failure. Read mostly the first post. Its updated regularly with new info. Does your car's symptoms sound like this? This may have you thinking about more things going on with your car too. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/consolidated-emmc-thread-mcu-rep...

TeslaTap.com | 26. maaliskuu 2020

@Jcastillo18 - If it's not a software problem, did the techs suggest you bring it in? It seems like a hardware issue that service is required.

PrescottRichard | 26. maaliskuu 2020

My money is on a drive unit. Don't rely on the car at this point, drive it to a service center if you can.

Good luck!

Teslatap yes they recommended to bring it in . Have a mobile ranger on March 31

PrescottRichard is it safe to drive ?

Drive Unit sounds expensive!

Bighorn | 26. maaliskuu 2020

DU covered for 8 years

Thank you guys will keep you updated

Update drive my car around it’s an annoyance that I have a Tesla that doesn’t drive like a Tesla but still functional.