Forums

Advanced Park

Advanced Park

Advanced park has been mentioned a couple of times as an addition to Advanced summon. If Tesla is working on this, it's a good idea. Especially if the function can be programmed to move to an assigned parking space. Of course, advanced summon has to be improved to everyday usability first. It's still unreliable and a little freaky. But having had my Model 3 since July 2018, there have been amazing improvements to an already great car.

Lonestar10_1999 | 30. huhtikuu 2020

I found the advanced summon pretty cool and reliable when it was first rolled out. With subsequent firmware updates the feature has degraded to the point where I don’t trust it and I certainly don’t demonstrate it to friends and coworkers anymore.

I’m waiting for day when advanced summon works the way it should.

M3phan | 30. huhtikuu 2020

Even if advanced summon was almost perfect I would not use reverse summon. I like picking spots away from everyone, from trees (birds), and potential runaway carts. If reverse summon can handle all that then ok. But yeah, for now, I don’t see any scenario where I’d use reverse summon.

Duh. Not advanced summon. Meant smart summon.

Whdame | 30. huhtikuu 2020

@M3phan - Maybe if they set it up like the Smart summon version of "go to target". Maybe you can look around the lot and send it to your desired parking spot instead of it just grabbing the closest one. Summons gives you "come to me" and "go to target" so why not keep the same thought of options for reverse summon.?

That would be good.

Haha. My quote two up “ I don’t see any scenario where I’d use reverse summon.” I guess I do. Yours, Whdame!