Forums

autopilot drives near on on left lane markers

autopilot drives near on on left lane markers

I'm drivimg a 2019 Model X For the last several months when driving on autopilot the car will not center in the lane but will drive near or on the left lane marker. This happens most of the time and mostly in bright sunshine. The local service center has made several attempts to correct this including replacing the radar, wheel alignment and various adjustments. Has anyone experienced this or know who at headquarters I can contact o address this problem? I also have a Model 3 which works ok.

moxasin | 05. toukokuu 2020

My 2019 MX would do this as well. I believe the bug report feature does work if you report an issue that occurs frequently.

moxasin | 05. toukokuu 2020

Does anyone else think that maybe the AI Experts in the company have prioritized pedestrian safety over other machines driving in the same space?

hilliard528 | 06. toukokuu 2020

I always felt that with my 2020 X. I’m driving down the lane put on the auto pilot it’ll jump a foot to the left. Thought it was me.

dolorescole1943 | 06. toukokuu 2020

It comes with a mass of caveats though, not least that the driver still has to stay in control, and confirm every single move the computer comes up with https://mcdvoice.me/

mebphill | 14. toukokuu 2020

"hilliard528 | May 6, 2020
I always felt that with my 2020 X. I’m driving down the lane put on the auto pilot it’ll jump a foot to the left. Thought it was me.:

I always felt the same way. Glad its not just me.

mbirnie51 | 16. toukokuu 2020

I normally drive as far to the left as I can in any lane I'm in. Your tires run in the wear ruts when centered in the lane and road noise is much greater there. Give it a try sometime. While centered, listen to the noise level, then favor the far left and you will notice a smoother and quieter ride. It would also help when in AP to favor the far left side of the lane, maybe the vehicle wouldn't swerve over to the "on ramp" at exits of the freeway if it used the left turttle for alignment.

marcustcohn | 18. toukokuu 2020

Using AP I always feel left of center and when a big truck is there it is uncomfortable. Is there an easy way to see if you are really in the center of your lane or not ?