Forums

Cybertruck right out of 1977 "Damnation Alley" bomb.

Cybertruck right out of 1977 "Damnation Alley" bomb.

Tesla designers took advantage of Musk's lack of knowledge of Worst Ever SyFY Movies and modeled the CyberTruck out of a 1077 classic bomb "Damnation Alley".

John Kenneth Muir's Reflections on Cult Movies and Classic TV

"That aspect is called "the Landmaster," and it is the silver, dozen-wheeled, rocket-launcher-armed conveyance that is at the center of gravity in an otherwise-middling post-apocalyptic film. You might laugh or sneer at Damnation Alley's lousy special effects, the goofy science or the occasionally ridiculous dialogue, but the Landmaster -- a "great rig" -- is undeniably one of the science fiction cinema's most memorable and impressive rides (and, after a fashion, a precursor to Dead Reckoning in George A. Romero's Land of the Dead [2005]). There are fans out there who have devoted their adult lives to the study of this vehicle, and I can't blame them."

http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com/2011/04/cult-movie-re...

Back to the future baby!!!

Party like it's 1977 in your Tesla Landmaster.

FISHEV | 25. toukokuu 2020

The CyberTruck in action back in 1997.

https://youtu.be/Wmui7WAO-mQ?t=32

KamiTesla | 25. toukokuu 2020

Does anyone know if any truck campers will be able to fit on the cybertruck?

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 25. toukokuu 2020

It looks much more like the police cruiser from Blade Runner.

https://i.imgur.com/i0cQEIw.jpg

andy.connor.e | 25. toukokuu 2020

We dont know the specific details right this second, but its a truck, so i would expect that kind of functionality.

TabascoGuy | 25. toukokuu 2020

Well, if I can't find a wrap with a decent "aircraft skin with rivets" pattern, I'll just go full on Mars rover on mine:

http://compositesmanufacturingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/na...

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | May 25, 2020 It looks much more like the police cruiser from Blade Runner" Which flew...nope.

Cybertruck is the 1997 "Landmaster"....joke is definitely on Musk.

rob | 25. toukokuu 2020
TeslaTap.com | 25. toukokuu 2020

It looks more like the MachE than the Cybertruck to me.

blkice | 25. toukokuu 2020

That grill on the e-Mach looks like crap, kinda Fishmouth looking, IMO The whole thing looks like it’s just trying too hard, cartoonish

@TeslaTap.com | May 25, 2020 It looks more like the MachE than the Cybertruck to me."

Tesla fanbois vision and perspective have always been off.

But this is about Tesla 2022 CyberTruck's inspiration the 1997 post apocalyptic LandMaster.

Jay Leno as Geroge Peppard and Musk as Jan Micheal Vincent as they bobble down Broadway.

WW_spb | 25. toukokuu 2020

Fish why do you care? You will be driving MomE by the time bad Ass CyberTruck will be out.

Ross1 | 25. toukokuu 2020

@Tabasco:
go to your local signwriter, they can design and print and wrap anything you can dream up. It is how signwriting is done these days (here).

Ross1 | 25. toukokuu 2020

I think Tesla has learned not to use rivets. You can never get them when you need them.

akgolf | 25. toukokuu 2020

Tri-motor Cybertruck for me.

Range, Superchargers, lockable vault, bulletproof.

Not a Ford for the win!

@WW_spb | May 25, 2020 Fish why do you care?"

Just thought it was funny that Tesla Cybertruck was channeling a design from a 90's syfy classic bomb of a movie. Ad then Leno and Musk driving it like Peppard and Vincent was the icing.

A lot of people were "now where have I seen that before". Wonder if Tesla could get sued for design infringement?

vadam393 | 25. toukokuu 2020

cool !test.jpg|thumbnail!

vadam393 | 25. toukokuu 2020

Cool truck

Ross1 | 26. toukokuu 2020

Nothing like it.

akgolf | 26. toukokuu 2020

Can’t wait.

It’s perfect for our family!

FISHEV | 26. toukokuu 2020

@akgolf | May 25, 2020 Tri-motor Cybertruck for me. Range, Superchargers, lockable vault, bulletproof."

I wonder if Musk is going to add gun ports and rocket launchers like his model for the CyberTruck, the Landmaster, had. Of course if Musk's buddy Trump incinerates the place before he's tossed out coming January, the CyberTruck/Landmaster can be retrofitted, 70's style.

blkice | 26. toukokuu 2020

FishheadFordFanboi Ford can’t even build a reliable transmission, you’re E-mommy is doomed, just stick to politics because you are pathetic when it’s comes to CARS

FISHEV | 26. toukokuu 2020

Well the "Damnation Alley" was an amusing tie in.

rlwrw | 26. toukokuu 2020

The vehicle from "Damnation Alley" sat for years beside Cahuenga Blvd. West, (also beside the Hollywood Fwy in Cahuenga Pass) at the custom vehicle shop that made it. Anybody remember?
Cruise & Co. visual effects did the effects works for that movie, and when I worked there, years later, they still had the small model of the same vehicle in a back room.
By the way, I'm talking about the original 1977 "Damnation Alley" movie.

jimglas | 26. toukokuu 2020

rlwrw | May 26, 2020
By the way, I'm talking about the original 1977 "Damnation Alley" movie
======================================================
there was a remake or a sequel?

TabascoGuy | 26. toukokuu 2020

There was only one. FishEV has trouble with numbers.