Forums

Confusion about "Existing Owner" priority

Confusion about "Existing Owner" priority

One thing I'm confused about: when I made my reservation this morning, I mentioned to the Tesla rep that I'm an existing owner, figuring he would check a box on the form or allow me to login to my account before making the reservation. But the form was the same for everyone, no flags.

I made sure to give the same email address, phone no, etc. that I use for my existing account; hopefully they will match it up correctly.

Hi_Tech | 31. maaliskuu 2016

They will use the matching emails to link things. May take a day or two, they told me.

danCE | 31. maaliskuu 2016

I also heard a day or two before we get an email confirmation. But they said nothing about matching my reservation to an existing owner. (I did log into my credit account when I got to the office to confirm that that charge went through! :) )

wchenwei | 31. maaliskuu 2016

they match by email address. I ordered one for my wife plus one for another tesla owner friend using her email. both reservations now shows up correctly in our tesla portal pages, respectively :)

wchenwei - I just checked my "My Tesla" page and I don't see any mention of my reservation. What "portal page" are you referring to?

KP in NPT | 31. maaliskuu 2016

I am concerned about a delivery priority order that was supposedly told by a DS to someone making a reservation this morning.

They said they were told:

employees
West coast owners
West coast non owners
Central owners
Central non owners
East owners
East non-owners

Doesn't that pretty much negate owner priority - especially east owner priority? I'm hoping that is not accurate.

@danCE yes i was talking abt my tesla pages. maybe it takes a little while for you? good luck!

wchenwei, where are you located?

Haggy | 31. maaliskuu 2016

I was told to be sure to use the same email address that I used for my Model S and that things would be fine. I was also told that I didn't need to be there since I could do it online since owners get priority. I don't think that's quite the case, since there's supposed to be a queue and whoever gets on it first should have priority.

Given the relatively small number of Teslas in the parking lot, I think the overwhelming majority of the crowd consisted of non-owners. I'm sure that at least some owners came in a non-Tesla but I'd guess that only a few percent are current owners and the rest is new business.

alnrench2 | 31. maaliskuu 2016

When I placed my order this morning I mentioned my concern about the email address, because a salesperson originally messed it up at purchase and I had to use a new one . She told me to check for an email confirmation after about 24 hours, and if I'm not shown as an owner, to call the company and they would straighten it out.

mp1156,

That's still giving priority to owners. It means that they will deliver cars to owners first in any region once they start delivering there. I think it would be reading too much into it to assume that there will be a strict order and they'd exhaust each item on the list before moving to the next. If they deliver only to the west coast for a month before moving to the next region, they will start with the top of the list for the next region before they continue with the west for those who ordered later. I doubt that a person who orders in California a week from now would get the car before somebody who ordered in NY this morning.

I just found my Model 3 reservation number on the "My Tesla" page, under Stephens Teslas, above my S Models serial number . It begins with RN and is followed by 9 numbers

I checked my page and it doesn't even have a "Stephens Teslas" link or list. How long did it take to show up after placing the reservation?

@danCE I'm in Boston, 10:45am reservation in-store

PBEndo | 31. maaliskuu 2016

Haggy
- The vast majority of people I encountered in line were not previous owners.
- I don't have any reservation number on "My Tesla" page either. However, I did receive a confirmation email about an hour after I made the reservation.

I placed the order about 10:45 local.....just checked My Tesla a short time ago about 2:15 and there it was. If you are already an owner it would be there on your page now or later.

My guess is that sending the confirmation email is part of the same process as showing the reservation on the My Tesla page. So assuming there wasn't a typo in my email address, I'll wait to see when the email arrives and then check online.

kevin | 18. syyskuu 2016

I was logged in to the web site, so my M3 order appeared immediately below my Model S order.