Forums

Would you still drive an automobile after those fatal accidents?

Would you still drive an automobile after those fatal accidents?

Quite a few happened this morning. Automobile is still not 100% safe. Would you still want to drive one?

Billtetkoski | 01. heinäkuu 2016

YES! its still safer then human drivers...

Mike83 | 01. heinäkuu 2016

Prefer not to drive a gasoline vehicle.

commerce | 01. heinäkuu 2016

I'll side with the statistics. If it's safer, yes. If it's not then I'll wait until it is.

commerce | 01. heinäkuu 2016

Sorry, I misunderstood and now I realize that this topic is a criticism of the other topic posted today about trusting autonomous technology.

Ross1 | 01. heinäkuu 2016

What do you mean by quite a few?

Links please?

There are 17 gasoline fires/hour and over 30,000 deaths in car accidents/year. Last week a van got hit by a trailer rig and the van caught fire. The father watch as his family of 5 burned to death since access to help them escape was sealed.

Its the same accident but difference titles.

Rocky_H | 01. heinäkuu 2016

@carlk, Thank you for these alternate title threads that point out the oddness of the original questions.

carlk | 01. heinäkuu 2016

Yes that thread was what prompted me to start this one. Even more so is you see all those sensationalized articles in media questioning did Tesla go too far too fast, is the AP not ready for real world use and whether Tesla should recall the AP etc, etc, How many times did a truck make an illegal left turn that caused an accident before? Did anyone even remotely believe that we should ban automobiles or ground all drivers because one of them did not safely avoid a probably unavoidable accident? This is totally out of control.