Forums

Civility....

Civility....

Anybody else hope that we get new, concrete information on the Model 3 before we all start ripping each other apart with rumor, speculation, trolling, and ridiculously angry replies to all of the above? And maybe we can start talking about the Model 3 again rather than the top three threads being about the Bolt?

Maybe I'll just stop reading this board three times a day, and go to once a week or so...

akgolf | 02. marraskuu 2016

It's hard when you've got a GM troll on the board.

KP in NPT | 02. marraskuu 2016

The final reveal can't come soon enough!

akgolf | 02. marraskuu 2016

And I think it's going to be a good one.

bj | 03. marraskuu 2016

Only 4 and a bit months to go to the next reveal... Maybe.

tedirelan | 03. marraskuu 2016

@bj - I'll agree with that guess.

@jsimpsonalaska - That GM troll is all over the place on here. I hope people see that person for what they are and not take them seriously.

dsvick | 03. marraskuu 2016

Yes, I hope we get new info soon. No, I don't think it will fix anything. There threads on here now that I just skim over becasue they devolve, rather quickly, into bickering, fingerpointing, he said/she said, and accusations. In many cases it is the person that jsimpson alluded to, however, in a some cases it is a knee jerk reaction to something that that person posted, when the post itself was fairly tame. The reaction was to the person. After that things quickly go from bad to worse to just plain stupid.

If you don't like someone just ignore them, I know it is hard to do, but the entire experience is getting ruined. The arguement is that he is posting wrong info, in most cases I agree, but the subsequent posts "to get the right info out there" to the people that have come here for info just prevent anyone from getting any info.

So, no my wish isn't for the second reveal, I wish there were a better forum system in place where we could ignore people, rate posts, and engage in more effective self-moderation.

akgolf | 03. marraskuu 2016

Agree dsvick.

andy.connor.e | 03. marraskuu 2016

We are all very excited and antcy about this car. We all have alot of expectations for this, as this will be one of the first times (after bolt) that we can reasonably change our method of transportation. It has to be the best in order to switch. We have been running on gas for over 100 years, so to switch to electric will need to be able to meet the needs of the people. We have to be patient. Take a step back, relax, focus on your lives, and it will come. Tesla knows what they are doing, and they fully understand that this car will determine if Tesla will even live on to be a successful car company. You will not be disappointed.

<3 for Tesla. Their fans should not fight with each other.

@andy.connor.e - We all have alot of expectations for this, as this will be one of the first times (after bolt) that we can reasonably change our method of transportation.

Not sure what you mean by "after bolt"?

dave.m.mcdonough | 03. marraskuu 2016

@jsimpsonalaska you and the others posting kneejerk reactions every time eagle posts and rubs you the wrong way, it's just as bad. Maybe worse. I've butted heads with him before too, everyone on the internet is opinionated.

Red Sage ca us | 03. marraskuu 2016

My 'angry replies' have, I think, diminished somewhat with the ability to [IGNORE] those that would annoy me otherwise. So... I'm good.

bmalloy0 | 03. marraskuu 2016

I don't even read Eagle's comments anymore

makobill | 03. marraskuu 2016

Who's Eagle? Name sounds familiar but since implementing the ignore feature, I can't place him. Try it on for size and the board gets downright friendly - if you can steer clear of a few ongoing threads. I'm limiting my time here until reveal 2 as work is getting in the way lately... Darn that work... :)

gregcropper | 03. marraskuu 2016

Well said. Bickering doesn't appeal to me. God bless Elon Musk for leading the way towards a fossil-fuel free tomorrow.

@dave.m.mcdonough - Then I'll go away and let Eagle play.

Rocky_H | 03. marraskuu 2016

So let the people post false stuff, but don't correct it because that would be "bickering". Um, no thanks; I prefer information.

Mike83 | 03. marraskuu 2016

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marktwain109624.html

gregcropper | 03. marraskuu 2016

I wish we could stop talking about the Bolt. Anyone who thinks they're great should go buy one otherwise I wish they would shut up already. Or doesn't GM have their own forum page?

andy.connor.e | 04. marraskuu 2016

@jsimp

I was going to say the first time, but Bolt will be released before Model 3. Thats all.

SamO | 04. marraskuu 2016

There is a cadre of oil-paid astroturfing scum that bombard twitter and message boards (like here) to lie, dissemble and confuse.

https://electrek.co/2016/11/04/tesla-oil-industry-scheme-behind-propagan...

Other than the occasional troll hunting, I love a great discussion about Tesla.

KP in NPT | 04. marraskuu 2016

I just read that article. Wow.

dsvick | 04. marraskuu 2016

@samO - "Other than the occasional troll hunting, I love a great discussion about Tesla."

I don't mind the occasional troll hunt either,a nd I enjoy a good discussion that goes back and forth where people share ideas and respect each others thoughts. Having to wade through a dozen posts of people trying to reason with someone who has no intention of being reasoned with, really detracts from the whole thing and I find myself skipping large numbers of posts.

I really wish there was a better forum in place so we could fix these things ourselves.

Awesome article, in scary, "what the hell is wrong with people" sort of way.

SamO | 04. marraskuu 2016

@dsvick,

That article outlines the strategy to disrupt people from enjoying, communicating and otherwise interrupting the experience of Tesla.

If you don't respond, it works.

If you do respond, it works.

The best thing you can do is point out these rascals and then move on.

Red Sage ca us | 04. marraskuu 2016

One thing I stopped doing, quite some time ago, is quoting those who are saying things that are inaccurate. I don't repeat what they say anymore. I just annotate the correct information. It is up to others who read afterward to accept or reject our positions. And now, after a handful of volleys back and forth, I have a good handle on whether someone should be [IGNORED] and no longer engaged. I try really hard not to slip up in that regard.

Badbot | 04. marraskuu 2016

I can't condone fossil free as I am a old fossil myself.