Forums

Tesla BlueStar description on Wiki

Tesla BlueStar description on Wiki

For those interested in the history of the Model 3:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_3

:-)

Frank99 | 02. tammikuu 2017

Thanks, Red, that's an excellent article. Did you have a hand in editing it?

akgolf | 02. tammikuu 2017

Nice.

Bluesday Afternoon | 02. tammikuu 2017

@Frank99

No contributions by me. There are far more knowledgeable people out there but I find it pretty accurate with solid references. It's also fun to discover or rediscover facts. I forgot Elon originally pinned the name BlueStar prior to Model E and finally Model 3.

When you hear people complain about Tesla/Elon not meeting projected dates just remember their incredible attempt to ramp up yearly production to 500,000 Teslas. Elon and his team moved it up two years (from 2020 to 2018)! Tesla is a new frickin' company!

There's many other good to know facts. Not saying everything is correct but a solid reference.

Glad you found it of value.

Red Sage ca us | 03. tammikuu 2017

It is very likely that by the end of 2017 Tesla will have sold more vehicles during its existence than Ferrari has since they were founded.

Bluesday Afternoon | 03. tammikuu 2017

@Red Sage

Tesla could have remained a niche market with only a high priced model or two. They could have remained focused on speed, performance and handling. They could have stayed small, unique and been successful. But instead decided long ago to risk it all and go big. Challenging the established brands with a superior product and disturbing more than one industry.

Red Sage ca us | 04. tammikuu 2017

Simply Red: Correct. My point though?

Ferrari: Founded 1939. Estimated ~170,000 road vehicles produced through 2012.
Tesla Motors: Founded 2003. Tesla has sold over 180,000 through 2016.

So, yeah... By the end of 2017, I'm certain Tesla will have surpassed 78 years of Ferrari sales and production. Not at all bad for ~14 years of work.

ANALysts keep trying to marginalize Tesla, call them a 'boutique manufacturer'. But the numbers tell another tale entirely. Strange that other brands can cost so much more, and manufacturer far fewer vehicles, but be revered as the pinnacle of excellence.

Bluesday Afternoon | 04. tammikuu 2017

To my Red brother,

I totally agree! Over the next fourteen years there will probably be 6-8 additional Tesla cars/SUVs/trucks (and, maybe more!). Whether Elon Musk will still guide the expansion in 2031 is unlikely unless he builds a gigafactory on Mars. I'd love to see the drawings of his Tesla Mars land rover. Perhaps he'll name it after the Red Planet or better yet, the two of us. :-)

For up to date Mars news:

http://redplanet.asu.edu

(Crap, I just hijacked my own thread...

Red Sage ca us | 04. tammikuu 2017

Simply Red: Here, check out this link...

Tesla Allterrain Concept
https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/stuff-the-frunk.134/#post-12275

brando | 07. maaliskuu 2017

Quicker than Ferrari to 100km and quicker in production/sales.
Greater in seating capacity and storage and updates.

Mapowing | 08. maaliskuu 2017

BlueStar?? That's what I going to call my model 3...