Forums

Would you buy a Qiantu?

Would you buy a Qiantu?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/automobiles/wheels/chinas-answer-to-t...

I admire this guy, more than those Quant guys at http://www.nanoflowcell.com/

Still, it's an uphill task. I say perception is still king, even when it comes to a new field such as electric cars. I probably would not buy it, as much as I hate to admit it..

McLary | 27. tammikuu 2017

If any of the nanoflowcell technology is real, it could make storage batteries obsolete in short order.

Not the first time we have heard of earth shattering new tech, recently. No one said anything about it being 5 years away, so we may have to actually keep an eye on this one.

carlk | 27. tammikuu 2017

Everyone wants to be Elon Musk. Many probably feel if Elon could make it I could too. They will find out the hard truth eventually. The devil is always in the details.

RedShift | 27. tammikuu 2017

@carlk

The amount money being raised by this guy is testament to his connection with the Chinese government. It also shows how aggressive Chinese govt is pushing electric technology.

Remnant | 27. tammikuu 2017

@McLary (January 27, 2017)

<< If any of the nanoflowcell technology is real, it could make storage batteries obsolete in short order. >>

Astounding !!!!!

TeslaTap.com | 27. tammikuu 2017

The Qiantu looks more viable than the FF91. I wish them luck - but the competition is brutal from well established players including Tesla.

carlk | 27. tammikuu 2017

Red,

Money is really not the subject since there are plenty of investment money in China or elsewhere in the world. Throw money onto something without scrutiny usually is a guarantee for failure. I made a dire prediction of FF when the news first break out that the Chinese billionaire likely will never see his billion again. One of the reasons I said that is it's a company located in the Silicon Valley but it did not have any VC participation. VC's are experts in start up and they are very picky at business plan for companies they put money in. Even with that they have maybe only a 25% success rate. A company got a lot of Chinese government money means nothing of its eventual success. Although I do agree the willingness to promote EV by the Chinese government will move that market fast in general.

RedShift | 27. tammikuu 2017

@carlk

"Even with that they have maybe only a 25% Success rate"

No, more like 10-15%! (Tell me about it, I have raised money for my startup in the valley)

My comment was directed at how aggressive China is, for EV development. Most will fail, but there might be a success out of it. Might even shift the paradigm.

rxlawdude | 27. tammikuu 2017

Um... "... do not depend on a specific charging infrastructure nor require time-consuming battery recharging. Exhausted bi-ION liquids will be refueled as easily as gasoline. As bi-ION electrolytes are non-toxic and thermally stable, there will be no onerous regulatory requirements for logistics and storage of those liquids. Easily accessible everywhere, bi-ION electrolyte fluids could be distributed through existing petrol stations worldwide. "

In other words, it requires specialized filling stations. Check. So, where's the advantage?