Forums

What are some problems Tesla owners have?

What are some problems Tesla owners have?

TeslaTap.com | 25. helmikuu 2017

Too many whiners in the forums?

:) Actually an unusually balanced article. Here is a clickable link: https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-problems-Tesla-owners-have

tstolz | 25. helmikuu 2017

100,000 K and no problems with my MS. My only problem is we need another Tesla .. a M3 .. since me and my wife fight for who gets the MS.

Haggy | 25. helmikuu 2017

Quora articles tend to be balanced. These aren't supposed to be balanced views of owing a Tesla since only problems were asked about. But it goes a long way in showing that they aren't what non-owners assume would be problems, such as range anxiety or running out of power in the middle of the road, having to wait around for the car to charge, and that sort of thing.

rxlawdude | 25. helmikuu 2017

I have a heron problem at my koi pond. Does that count? ;-)

Jeff Hudson | 25. helmikuu 2017

LOL rxlawdude!

lilbean | 25. helmikuu 2017

That counts, lawdude!

NKYTA | 25. helmikuu 2017

Having the koi pond seems more like the problem there. ;-)

Dwdnjck@ca | 26. helmikuu 2017

Driving ice rental cars on vacation.

Rocky_H | 27. helmikuu 2017

People posting perpetual motion suggestions on Tesla's forum and Facebook page every other week.

rxlawdude | 27. helmikuu 2017

@NKYTA, the heron is hellbent to make it just a pond.

Haggy | 27. helmikuu 2017

I had a problem with a great egret. I didn't think it was so great, and neither did the koi.

carlgo2 | 27. helmikuu 2017

Herons and egrets took turns at mine. I shot pellets across their bows and they never came back. They can definitely hear that missile go by and know that it is not a good thing for them...

I have carefully chosen colorful goldfish, only 12c at PetSmart, that look like little koi but without that 100 year obligation.

BTW, goldfish food costs more per oz than lobster tails.

rxlawdude | 27. helmikuu 2017

@carlgo2, We've taken the same tact: mostly cheap comet goldfish (around 20) and a few koi (7 before the friggin' heron). I introduced a whole new cohort last year after the great heron debacle and actually had them coming when I whistled and eating out of my hand.
With this year's heron visits, everyone's hiding in the rocks and no one comes to the dinner whistle. :-(

lilbean | 27. helmikuu 2017

:-(

NKYTA | 27. helmikuu 2017

If they are hiding, good thing it isn't a cormorant. ;-)

Condolences on the fishes though...

georgehawley.fl.us | 27. helmikuu 2017

I can attest that Blue Herons, though large, graceful, and peaceful-looking, can be very violent creatures.

Tesla owner problems? Maybe average distance to service center too large?

Mike83 | 27. helmikuu 2017

Slow cars. We need a Tesla lane.

Bighorn | 27. helmikuu 2017

Our bald eagles made a nice lunch out of our great blue heron.

Captain_Zap | 27. helmikuu 2017

It took me forever to figure out that the Great Blue Heron is what we called a Shypoke back home. I assumed that I grew up calling the bird by a Native American name or something romantic like that. They were shy birds and they took flight with the slightest disturbance. Now they are almost as brazen as formerly elusive Canadian Geese.
I almost named a boat Shypoke. Then the internet came along and one can find amazing things with a little patience! My Shypoke was a misunderstanding of a German nickname for the majestic bird. Shite poke. Yes, poke does mean bag. "Shypoke" may have been an appropriate name for a boat since one visits our boat routinely and leaves its signature behind.

rxlawdude | 28. helmikuu 2017

The one that visits our pond is a Great Blue. Stands about 4 ft tall and huge wingspan. Our little mutt loves to harass it, but that harassment isn't enough to overcome the hunger for a fresh water sushi bar.

Haggy | 28. helmikuu 2017

I have goldfish now but haven't fed them in years. Food happens.

djharrington | 28. helmikuu 2017

My biggest problem in life is all those damned PHEV owners charging in public. Just who do they think they are???

Oops, wrong thread...

@dj, this thread is for the birds and fish. :-)

Captain_Zap | 28. helmikuu 2017

No egrets.

@CZ, ROFLMAO.

NKYTA | 28. helmikuu 2017

@Zap, made me smile, excellent!

Mike83 | 28. helmikuu 2017

The Great White Heron or is that an egret has very expensive taste. Salmon is $15/lb which maybe you could use as a decoy.

chase | 28. helmikuu 2017

Other drivers lol

BozieB | 03. maaliskuu 2017

We lost eleven, 20 inch koi, to the local raccoons and a stray barn owl.
Two white, with blue eyes, two calico with yellow eyes, one ridge back with finger nail scales, two with orange rear quarters and black fronts, two whites with orange and black spots and three that had real fancy tails. $$$$$ A mix of Japanese, German and American breed.
When we opened the styrofoam covers the following spring all we had left was carnage. That and a clawed up hand rail on the gazebo that the owl used to sharpen his talons. When we saw him that previuos fall sitting on the rail, digging in, we never gave it a thought other than he looked impressive :)

rxlawdude | 03. maaliskuu 2017

@Bozie, I feel your pain. Fishageddon!

Mel. | 03. maaliskuu 2017

Keeping water pumps going to avoid the ponds from turning into a solid ice cover

TeslaTap.com | 03. maaliskuu 2017

My last car had a shark's fin antenna on the roof. Three days after buying the car new, a hawk came down and attempted to take the antenna away. Left impressive gouges deep on both sides where it tried to lift it away. I guess it though it was a mouse! Nice that the Tesla doesn't need one of these unsightly antennas.

Ross1 | 04. maaliskuu 2017

No one believes my stories, however...

We had 1 1/2 acre property, gardened. We had a kookaburra (those laughing Aussie birds, with feathers), and wild duck.
The kokaburra had his territory as a branch on a big gum (eucalypt) tree, while the duck owned the fish pond with lots of goldfish.

One day, I ssaw the birds had a done deal: the kookaburra was sitting in the pond (carnivores) and the duck with his webbed feet perched up the tree.

True.

Ross1 | 04. maaliskuu 2017

I cannot vouch for the truth of this one. It may well be true.
A Texan and an Australian were comparing the size of their holdings. Size matters.
The Texan said: On my ranch in my granpappies day they felled a tree, and it provided enough firewood for the whole ranch and the town for 100 years. To tell the truth, we only just finished her up.
The Aussie snorted and said:Small bikkies!
I had a gum tree meself that sorta fell down. It landed between 2 hills and we used it fer a bridge becos she were holler.
Well, me an me neighbour, we both used 'er.
One day me neighbour was driving 100,000 head a cattle through that darn log, an I happened to meet him in the middle. With 200,000 head.
Golly, I says, wot'd ya do mate?
Oh, he goes, it was simple. I jes backed my lot up inter one er the branches.