Forums

Financing Options / Illinois, Indiana Incentives?

Financing Options / Illinois, Indiana Incentives?

Wife and I want a Model 3 and would like to reserve one asap. We should have the majority of the cost for the car covered, but just in case, is there financing options through Tesla, or should we simply go through our credit union?

Also, is there any word on Illinois or Indiana offering incentives in the near future?

Thanks for any info!

dsvick | 08. maaliskuu 2017

You can finance through Tesla, but you should also shop around as you might be able to get a better deal though a credit union. I don't know anything about any proposed incentives in Illinois or Indiana, I do know that Ohio has none :(

dsvick | 08. maaliskuu 2017

Also, since you haven't reserved yet, you should have well over a year to a year and half before you need to worry about financing, you might want to open an account at a credit union (if you don't already have one) in order to establish a history with them. I'm not sure if it actually helps or not though, but maybe that could be where you put all the savings for your down payment.

KP in NPT | 08. maaliskuu 2017

Not much in either state in terms of incentives - but the way to change that is to contact your state representatives and ask for legislation that is pro-EV.

https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plug-in/state-federal-incentives/?locat....

jasonbugler | 08. maaliskuu 2017

Awesome, thanks for the information! I will definitely contact our representative.