Model Y - timeline ?

Model Y - timeline ?

It´s official, or not ?

Red Sage ca us | 08. maaliskuu 2017

SOON.

andy.connor.e | 08. maaliskuu 2017

Have there been any announcements?

I just wont even wait for an answer, and just state to you that you are asking about a timeline for a car that has not even had an announcement that it even exists yet. Digest that for a moment.

Fredbob711 | 08. maaliskuu 2017

So... a year? Two? (total sarcasm, don't hurt me)

mos6507 | 08. maaliskuu 2017

"you are asking about a timeline for a car that has not even had an announcement that it even exists yet."

And it's the internet so you'll get many people answering matter-of-factly.

Carl Thompson | 08. maaliskuu 2017

I have no real evidence but I think a Y announcement will come sooner that many might think. But even if it were announced tomorrow for sure you won't be able to get the $7,500 federal tax credit in the U.S. unless the government extends it (very unlikely at the moment).

Carl

kzodz | 08. maaliskuu 2017

I have it on good authority that there will be a reveal for the Model Y on March 31, 2018 with deliveries expected by the end of the century.

I'll add. Expect a Model Y, AFTER the 3 is successful.

JeffreyR | 08. maaliskuu 2017

Tesla is doubling the size of Fremont factory. Plans already approved by city. They will need the space before they can do production. Unless they do combo lines again.

SoFlaModel3 | 09. maaliskuu 2017

For it to be "official", it would have to be officially announced. There would be a page for it on Tesla.com and a separate area in the forums.

With the ramp up of the 3 and the large pool of reservations, I don't see from a business standpoint why they would introduce another car yet.

Conventional wisdom suggests that the car is a ways off.

If the only reason to announce the car now is to cannibalize their massive reservation list on the 3 and not lose customers, they wouldn't have announced their plan to scale to 500,000 cars per year and esssntially exhaust their back orders in just over a year.

georgehawley.fl.us | 09. maaliskuu 2017

Until announced by Tesla, the Model Y is a figment of your imagination.💭

The correct answer is given above. 🔜

topher | 09. maaliskuu 2017

"Conventional wisdom suggests that the car is a ways off."

And conventional wisdom has been correct when it came to Tesla, when?

Thank you kindly.

andy.connor.e | 09. maaliskuu 2017

Topher got u good

SoFlaModel3 | 09. maaliskuu 2017

Lol ... touché.