Submitted by Chargedmr2 on Sun, 2017-07-30 05:45
Elon just confirmed the P version will probably become available around the middle of next year. I suspect this could easily be pushed to end of 2018, since he was not too firm about the timing. Unless you are first in line for one, this probably means most reservation holders will not be getting them until 2019.
So, what to do if you are an early line waiter?? I'm considering buying the first 3 that comes available to me--the RWD, Long Range, Premium Package. At the same time, I may put down a second reservation for a 3 right now. Then when P becomes available, I would sell my current 3. If demand remains strong through all of this (and it should), typical depreciation will not occur and financial losses might be minimal, or maybe zero.