Forums

White interior

White interior

Hi all, has anyone herd when the white interior is coming? It used to say in the FAQ's late November but there's only a statement now about being available later.

noleaf4me | 08. joulukuu 2017

Likely when they open up the standard range and standard interior options. My bet is not until March.

KP in NPT | 08. joulukuu 2017

All guesses at this point - but I don't think it will be that long, @noleaf4me - original timeline was "fall" which was granted a 3 month window, but going by the "delay" I would imagine that would make the white interior available in January.

That's my hope anyway since thats what I'm waiting for. :)

Xerogas | 08. joulukuu 2017

I plan to wait for white, unless it becomes a far-off fantasy. Never understood why so many people are OK with black

kkallioj | 09. joulukuu 2017

I'm hoping for a tan option. White is a bit much for me.

Randkthorn | 09. joulukuu 2017

Tan or creme sure would work well with blue or red exterior.

Xerogas | 09. joulukuu 2017

Absolutely, tan would be better, but I’ve only heard of a white option coming “this Fall”, so I’m not going to wait forever just for tan

giskard | 09. joulukuu 2017

I'd love to see a red or blue option too, but I'm not holding my breath ...

andy.connor.e | 09. joulukuu 2017

Also waiting for white.

HairyPiano | 10. joulukuu 2017

Hoping for white but not sure if I’ll wait for it if I’m invited to configure

bp | 10. joulukuu 2017

We have an ultra white Model S - and would prefer to get ultra white in our Model 3.

If we miss the window for getting the $7500 tax break, even though we're currently projected for Nov (not happening) to Jan delivery, we may decide to push out our order - so we can get the ultra white interior, and possibly also wait for dual drive and air suspension.

On the other hand, my wife keeps checking My Tesla everyday - and if we get the e-mail to configure, she may decide she doesn't want to wait any longer - and place the order anyway...

KP in NPT | 10. joulukuu 2017

It's going to be very hard for me to wait. I do not want black, have never wanted black. I'm hoping that by the time the invites go out to east coast owners, white will be a choice so I won't have to be tempted.

Steam613 | 10. joulukuu 2017

With ya KP 'n NPT

Bluesday Afternoon | 10. joulukuu 2017

@KP

You inspired me to come up with a way to "modify" my unwanted black interior.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/i-hate-black-interior-so-ive-come-...

cornellio | 10. joulukuu 2017

The main thing holding me back from getting the long range model so I can get it sooner, is the lack of white interior. I'm trying to hold out for white, hoping that doesn't mean waiting until next summer

rgrant | 10. joulukuu 2017

White interior says space ship to me!

andy.connor.e | 11. joulukuu 2017

Moral of the story, is if im going to be spending this much money on a car, it better be exactly what i want. Going to own this car for a long time unless my income triples. (then i get MS. or perhaps roadster 2.0?)

maintreqd | 11. joulukuu 2017

I'm all for you folks getting your white interiors. But I'm hoping soon we'll see non-black, anyway... I really think a tan interior would go nice with my white model 3's exterior, as well as with the wood panel dash shelf

chris.pribe | 11. joulukuu 2017

I too originally wanted the white/tan, it's such a classic combo.

Now, I prefer and will order the blue with the white interior. Why?

It reminds me of the view of my homeworld as seen from space, and I've a nostalgic attachment to the place.

ShesNoCissy | 12. joulukuu 2017

To anyone that has configured. Is there an option to postpone configuring, like the battery size, until the white interior is available?

JuJo0 | 12. joulukuu 2017

@SNC

Yes, you can postpone your configuration from your invitation for as long as you want, and order your preferred options when they become available.