Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

TeslaTap.com | 10. kesäkuu 2018

@jjgunn - No way with software, and it might require a newly designed car. Aside from the more powerful pack, it may require new charging and inverter electronics if Tesla wants to get the most value from the larger pack (beyond additional range). Some of that larger power may occur with a new battery cell shape too, perhaps one that can't fit into the current Model S/X battery pack space. For example, the higher density Model 3 cells are taller and may not fit well into the space available. Then a new frame design will be required.

My guess is > 100 kWh pack will occur with a new Model S/X rollout. With so much on Tesla's plate, that could be 4 or 5 years from now.

bob | 11. kesäkuu 2018

@ jjgunn 18650 vs 21700 battery cells. Cell size and chemistry differences. Not software.

jjgunn | 11. kesäkuu 2018

Thanks bob! I did see that video about the 21700's after I made my post. Interesting.

Oh....FYI....I received this little gem this morning on my account.

Your Tesla is currently in production.

YES!!

Triggerplz | 12. kesäkuu 2018

Software auto pilot update that's suppose to come in August.
https://mashable.com/2018/06/10/tesla-autopilot-software-update-version-...

Silver2K | 13. kesäkuu 2018

Added Density is physical not software updated

ckcland2 | 13. kesäkuu 2018

I predict faster super charging speeds with software update "soon" (next year) - and hope they offer battery upgrades when the density improves....

Tropopause | 14. kesäkuu 2018

Where’d everybody go?

burdogg | 14. kesäkuu 2018

Sorry - my life was turned upside down - and will be super busy for the next 5 years. I will try to be around here and there, still popping in to read but may not be as actively engaged as I used to be.

jjgunn | 14. kesäkuu 2018

Burrdogg is the next POTUS?!?!

Triggerplz | 14. kesäkuu 2018

@burdogg the next 5 years? Where you going, back to school to get some more doctor degrees?

Tropopause | 14. kesäkuu 2018

Hope everything is okay with you, Burdogg.

Things are great - thanks all - the church I belong to issues calls to serve in various capacities from teacher to leader etc...and no one is paid in all this. So not trying to get into too much here as some here go to church, some don't and to each their own but just updating my life and situation here I guess :) I was called to serve as a Bishop over the congregation here, a calling that usually lasts for 5 years.

So on top of work and family, I take care of the spiritual needs of the congregation here and make sure the programs etc...are carried out, meet one on one with people, and help them in any way I can.

So, just a little busier than I used to be and will be for 5 years :) But I will still try to be around and find my way to contribute here and rub shoulders with you good folks here.

So jjgunn - not the next POTUS (thank goodness! :) But in some small way, hopefully making the world a better place.

Cheers all, don't write me off, but some of you will have to find other ways to go to sleep at night, as I won't have as many novels written here :)

jjgunn | 14. kesäkuu 2018

Wow! Quite the honor your Bishop-ness - very cool. Congrats! & I hope everything works well for you.

Triggerplz | 14. kesäkuu 2018

@burdogg now I got to find something to do with the extra hour I'll have each day since I won't get to read your novels :-)... But on the real Burdogg they picked a good person and there's no doubt you will do a good job, Congrats and Enjoy you are truly blessed

Thanks jjgunn and Triggerplz - those were kind words and thanks to all those that were concerned for me :)

See, I am already helping out - I gave Triggerplz another hour in the day to get other things done now :)

Life is good...I will continue to hang out here and there with all you!

Silver2K | 15. kesäkuu 2018

Just an HR? You must be skimming!

kerrjohna | 15. kesäkuu 2018

Burdogg, I'm not surprised. I had a sense about your goodness. There seemed an affinity between us.

J

Solarman004 | 16. kesäkuu 2018

Burdogg, Congratulations! That is quite an honor.
Sadly, though, for the next 5 years it will be difficult to drive your Tesla on our straight western roads. As a bishop, you can only move diagonally...

Silver2K | 16. kesäkuu 2018

Solarman this is not a game!

I agree with trig (patially, because he skims) and jjgunn.

burdogg | 16. kesäkuu 2018

You guys are hilarious! Hence why I will stick around.

kerrjohna - thanks!

Silver - I think Trigger has gone beyond skimming, to sometimes just skipping.... :)

Solarman004 - Yeah, you should see the new diagonal trails my Model X is blazing - good thing it has air suspension! Of course, my Queen will just have to drive me around more now :)

Triggerplz | 16. kesäkuu 2018

Do I read all of Burdogg novels
Awww Hell Naw :-)

Triggerplz | 17. kesäkuu 2018

Just stopped in for a second to Bump
https://imgur.com/a/vPS8A

TabascoGuy | 18. kesäkuu 2018

@burdogg, you never cease to amaze me! Congratulations and best wishes on your new endeavor.

Just thinking about how busy you are makes me feel like taking a nap :-)

Triggerplz | 18. kesäkuu 2018

@Tabasco and when he's writing those novels they will make you take a nap too :-) Just think if he has to write and give a sermon to the congregation that's gonna be a very very long sleepy day. My Bad Burdogg just busting your balls, oops can I say busting your balls to a bishop

jjgunn | 18. kesäkuu 2018

Only if you do it diagonally.

burdogg | 18. kesäkuu 2018

I can't come up with any funny counter reply. But those were good.

Of course you all fell asleep at I can't... so for all you know, I had a hilarious comeback

lilbean | 18. kesäkuu 2018

Right now, there is a fully loaded Black P100DL Model X in my driveway. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilbean | 18. kesäkuu 2018

Brand new!

Triggerplz | 18. kesäkuu 2018

Come on Burdogg you can come up with something

burdogg | 19. kesäkuu 2018

lilbean - another loaner?

Tiggerplz - I could...but then you wouldn't read it anyway :)

lilbean | 19. kesäkuu 2018

Yes.

Vawlkus | 19. kesäkuu 2018

HEY! Gimme back my ride lilbean! :P

Triggerplz | 19. kesäkuu 2018

Lilbean Nice color, Priceless

No way, I'm keeping it!

Lol

burdogg | 19. kesäkuu 2018

now lilbean - you know taking someones ride is not ok right? Or do you and I need to have a talk :)))))

Sorry Vawlkus - I will work with her, maybe I can get her to let go of your car...maybe (her grip right now seems pretty tight on it.)

At least I cleaned it for you. I was able to get all the stains out of the seats. :)

O Boy!!!

My LTE on the top of the screen sometimes goes out when I put the car in park but comes back on when I put it in drive.. Put it back in park goes out again.. The app doesn't work doing this time and when I ask Alexa something about the car she says the car is off line anyone experience anything like this?

Well, I can tell you that if you shift into reverse while going 70 mph does nothing. Yep that was me trying to use AP. It's been that long. AP on the Model 3 is enabled with the right stalk.

So you saying if I go 70 MPH put it in reverse then the LTE will stay on? Thanks

nwfan | 20. kesäkuu 2018

@lilbean, I've been driving the 3 the last 2 weeks.
Got into the S and tried to do the same thing.

Rote / Muscle memory strikes again.

nwfan | 20. kesäkuu 2018

And lilbean, which car do your boys prefer? X or 3?
Same question for you X or 3?

My 3 is growing on me. If only I had free Supercharging on the 3
my S would be sold and new P3 would be sitting in the garage.

lilbean | 20. kesäkuu 2018

My boys most definitely prefer the X. They even prefer our white one over the black X with the wood grain. They prefer our X over any S.
I enjoy the X very much but the 3 is easier to park in small parking spaces.
The people who drove this loaner really treated it poorly. The car looks old inside because they obviously had food in the car. I cleaned up what I could. There is also curb rash on every wheel. Some people.

Triggerplz | 20. kesäkuu 2018

I can always depend on the hangout squad for help
Thanks.... WTF

Silver2K | 20. kesäkuu 2018

Maybe the more model 3s on the road will create sc congestions? Never seen more than 2 here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swiKA5q8K6UCVVXnJXKw

Are they parked or sc malfunction?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swiKA6tVYuqDXqGHTAXQ

Triggerplz | 20. kesäkuu 2018

SMDH

Pages