Forums

0-60 Time After 2019.36.2.1 Update For LR RWD Car

0-60 Time After 2019.36.2.1 Update For LR RWD Car

I have seen the stories recently about the Model 3 Performance getting a 2.9 0-60 time after the latest software update. Wondering if anyone has tested the LR RWD Model 3's new 0-60 time after the newest update? Please post if you have. Feels like more than a 5% increase to me. Thanks.

rjriker | November 14, 2019

I agree, it is faster. It is substantial as when I tried it out today I wanted to yell "Whoopie!" A real treat.

tdwin2000 | November 14, 2019

And it makes a cool whine noise when you put the accelerator pedal to the floor (that I never had before the update)? A real feeling of power to pass when driving now.

Vanilla ICE-less | November 15, 2019

Here's a good video on before and after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52tclY18Js&t=444s

bddaughe | November 15, 2019

I have nothing official. But there is a stretch of road that before the update I used to get around 0-60 5.2/5.3. I think there is a slight decline in the road which explains why it's a tad faster than rated 5.5.

But I decided to test again right after the update and this time I got 4.8/4.9. So, that's a little more than 5% increase for me.Again, there is nothing official as I don't have the proper tools, but unofficially, there is a definite increase in power that is at least 5% faster.

M3phan | November 15, 2019

It definitely has a better seat of pants feel. More substantial thrust.

dbwitt | November 15, 2019

@bddaughe isn't the LR RWD model 3 rated at 5.0s for 0-60? (not 5.5)

bddaughe | November 15, 2019

@dbwitt, I think you may be right. Not sure why I remembered it wrong. Can't really check the Tesla site any more, but all other sites seem to say what you said. So, I must have remembered it incorrectly. Thanks for the correction!

tdwin2000 | November 15, 2019

When the Model 3 originally came out in early 2018, the range for LR RWD was posted as 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. Dual Motor Model 3 was posted at 4.6 seconds. There was a 5% increase in power back in March-April of 2019 (but it was not a noticeable difference like this update is). Now there is the second power increase of 5% approximately. This one however is a much more noticeable difference in the power increase. I'm guessing in my opinion that our LR RWD on dry pavement will do 0-60 in about 4.6 seconds based on the two upgrades. More important is that the power seems to be at mid range speed as well so going from 50 mph to higher you also feel the increased power. Not just from a dead stop.