Forums

14-50 240v tripping 50amp

14-50 240v tripping 50amp

I had a 240v outlet professionally installed with dual 50A circuit breakers. Worked fine for a week But now tripping the breaker. Tesla app shows 24A draw. Breakers are very hot when they trip. Ideas, or similar issues?

Uncle Paul | June 23, 2020

Call your installer back out to find reason.

BrianRoberson | June 24, 2020

Everytime I get to read a new post with new style and content.Your work always helps me to complete my https://cheapessayswritingservice.com/assignment-help/ online paper work.This is really amazing.Thank you so much for this.

Michael Emrich | June 24, 2020

I had the same problem a while ago. The solution was to tighten up the screws in the breaker which hold the cables. If the screws are not tight, there is a resistance which causes the connections to heat up. After my screws were tight again, the problem was gone.

TeslaTap.com | June 24, 2020

Any chance they installed aluminum wiring? If so, many breakers and receptacles are not designed for aluminum wire and will get hot over time and can cause fires. You need to have every wire connection rated for aluminum wire and special precautions are taken as well.

If copper, then @Michael's solution is likely the solution. Just be sure to turn off the breaker first before tightening the wires if you do it yourself.

hilliard528 | June 25, 2020

Thanks all. Electrician coming today see what’s happening. Stay tuned.

hilliard528 | June 25, 2020

Thanks all. Electrician coming today see what’s happening. Stay tuned.

hilliard528 | June 26, 2020

Fixed - electrician replaced the 50A breaker and confirmed X was drawing correct current. No issues or hear from new breaker.

TeslaTap.com | June 26, 2020

Glad it was an easy fix! Thanks for reporting back.