Forums

Nice update.

Notable that you can now format the USB drive in the car.
Backgammon is improved.
Toybox has a different look.

billroger | May 20, 2020

WOW. Great?

M3phan | May 20, 2020

Saw video of new visualizations. Directionally correct animated walking pedestrians!

Scrannel | May 20, 2020

Yeah, got it.

howard | May 20, 2020

Really, who cares.

sheldon.mike1010 | May 20, 2020

howard: what a sourpuss
Duh
Some folks look forward to the new features that come with OTAs

howard | May 20, 2020

What features exactly?

howard | May 20, 2020

Nothing in this update was a feature. Unless a little more fluff on the gimmicks is your idea of a feature.

2 come to mind recently.
Knowing that green-yellow-red light intersections are ahead and being able to stop.
Seeing Sentry recordings on the screen in the car.
Those are new and different.

82bert | May 20, 2020

Just get rid of the damn car already, howard. You seem to love this misery. How many other vehicles have you raved about. Move on already.

Third-party charging stations added to the nav system.

Bluetooth improvements.

exFAT file system support for USB storage.

Empty/Full stalls at Tesla charging stations.

howard:
wash down a hydroxychloroquine tablet with some bleach and you will be much less grumpy

M3phan | May 20, 2020

The R eats other cars for lunch, and ATVs for dessert.

aperfectecho | May 21, 2020

I think the pedestrian animation will only improve, too. I think more importantly, it shows what's beneath the surface with Tesla's FSD, and safety features-it is constantly being updated to show us the vast amount of info the car is processing, and how its only getting better.
I'd say this is an exciting update indeed

howard | May 21, 2020

sheldon.mike1010, all mentioned were earlier releases. Never grumpy since this is nothing but humor.

Magic 8 Ball | May 21, 2020

Formatting USB is new and a good feature to have.

Whdame | May 21, 2020

2020.20 is out now also.

Joshan | May 21, 2020

howard | May 21, 2020
sheldon.mike1010, all mentioned were earlier releases. Never grumpy since this is nothing but humor.

Some people find in "funny" to act like an asshole.

andy.connor.e | May 21, 2020

trolls admitting playing the roll of the complaining disgruntled customer when in reality, may not even actually own the car.

M3phan | May 21, 2020

@Whdame, sup.
Is that a special one or just the latest?

M3phan | May 21, 2020

Nod once for former, twice for latter...
Lol

ARKEBUS | May 21, 2020

ToyBox no longer covers up the About Your Tesla screen.
That's good IMHO.

TrexTesla | May 21, 2020

I can see why some are not very impressed with some updates...Tesla is apparently increasing the price of FSD another 1k this summer, yet I still can't consistently connect my phone to summon my car in and out of my garage...I'm about at a 20% success rate, and that success rates includes when I have to keep re-connecting to the car over and over to get it to move in or out the whole way. How are we supposed to get to FSD when we can't even summon the car when it's sitting still and within 5 feet? I guess I should just jump in and play the improved backgammon!

stingray.don | May 21, 2020

TrexTesla,

Using summon, your phone is not connecting directly to the car. It is a cellular connection. So your issue likely has to do with you cellular coverage.

Whdame | May 21, 2020

M3phan-....not a special one. Two game updates and a piano thingy for the music traxx.

TrexTesla | May 21, 2020

stingray.don. Doesn't matter what the issue is...I have Verizon which is very strong in our area. I have no problems with internet connectivity doing anything else with my phone. Every car I've had, etc...regardless of the issue, if TESLA can't figure out something as basic as that, doesn't give me great confidence in the more complex issues ahead...just MHO.

TrexTesla | May 21, 2020

Sorry..hit send too soon. The point is, in order to use FSD and all its services, TESLA has to cater to the lowest common denominator. If a weak cell signal nullifies the use of Summons, they need to figure out something else...like over the home wifi, etc. I had a 2012 Hyundai Sonata that used cell service to start the car, heat it, etc. and it worked flawlessly up close, or 1/2 mile away. I can't get Summons to consistently connect anywhere in 2020...

MrSexyTime | May 21, 2020

Can we back out of our first move Now?

stingray.don | May 21, 2020

stingray.don. Doesn't matter what the issue is...I have Verizon which is very strong in our area.

That’s great but your car is using the AT&T network.

Trekman | May 21, 2020

How do you get to the "format USB drive" choice?

Format drive is on the "safety security" screen.

Trekman | May 21, 2020

Ok thanks (never in a million years would I think to look there)

Trekman | May 21, 2020

Well, "format USB Drive" is greyed out. How do I un-grey it? What's the trick?

Shows grey for me but if I click on it the prompt comes up to format anyway.

Trekman | May 21, 2020

Tried that. Also made sure Sentry Mode wasn't on, or the dash cam wasn't running. Still won't un-grey (or anything). Maybe a HW3 enable? (I have HW2.5)

I have HW2.5 also. Works fine for me. Also maybe try the scroll wheel reboot.

Trekman | May 21, 2020

Did the scroll-wheel reboot, the brake-scroll-wheel reboot, no change. Might it be I have the USB drive plugged into a hub?

One way to find out, do a direct plug in.

rdovale | May 21, 2020

My format usb is grey and doesn’t work either. I have direct plug in but it’s an external hard drive.

Trekman | May 21, 2020

Well, I have one of those USB Hubs that has the hidden cubby for the security drive, and it was SO hard getting it lined up and plugged in! I don't want to remove it until I have the time to jiggle and wedge it back in. I'm fine with using my computer to format.....thanks for the help.

I am using a sandisk SD with USB adapter.

M3phan | May 21, 2020

I use the Jeda hub, no problem

Trekman | May 21, 2020

I have no problem with the hub either (just that initially it was hard to plug in). For my security drive I'm using a high-endurance 128-Gig MicroSD card in a USB adapter. Might be what the problem is.

M3phan | May 21, 2020

Agree, it is super snug. Thought I broke something when it snapped loudly in place.

hilliard528 | May 22, 2020

I agree that the price of FSD goes up but it is far from autonomous. It cannot auto steer in my neighborhood. Still not seeing the value. I LOVE the car just not sure I want to drop $7k soon to be $8k.

TrexTesla | May 22, 2020

Spot on...I'm in the queue for a Y and will not get it with FSD.

AstroSteve | May 22, 2020

Updated to 2020.16.2.1 last night. whiled dropping the ICE car off to repair the repair of the repair for an oil leak, stopped for a pedestrian. The visual showed her doing the Michael Jackson walk. She wasn't. Thought is was cool though.

BTW - have FSD for my M3 and would love to have the Y now, but next Tesla I get will not get FSD, unless I can transfer it over. Maybe when I see it feature complete, but even then I have doubts about it. Did see a video of a Tesla dude doing a presentation of FSD and its AI component. Was impressed, but still dubious.
Do not see myself renting my car out as taxi service no matter what. Did that idea ever make sense?

hokiegir1 | May 22, 2020

Another thing in this update that I saw elsewhere is on the Service menu, there is now a Notifications button where you can view those that pop up too quickly to actually read before they disappear again.

TrexTesla | May 22, 2020

Would be nice if they allow you to cut off the reading of texts too...although I have to be honest I haven't checked to see if that has changed lately.

jhbisker | May 22, 2020

@hilliard528 Would your moniker have anything to do with your location? I have a M3P with FSD and would love to chat, meet to share experiences if we are basically co-located and you are interested. I can autosteer in most places here.

Pages