Forums

Just got the software update this morning, no changes from 2019.20.4.1 that are obvious. I'm guessing a bug fix release?

jimglas | June 25, 2019

I'm guessing that you are guessing correctly

hamiltonned | June 25, 2019

I was wondering the same thing. I've driven a little on 2019.4.2 but not enough to notice any differences.

wayne | June 25, 2019

I’m guessing that jimglas is guessing correctly that FirstDoyle is guessing correctly.

Frank99 | June 25, 2019

I was quite surprised to see 4.2 available this morning. Just got 4.1 yesterday. Never had consecutive days with updates before.

Joshan | June 25, 2019

likely due to people saying their doors were not auto locking. This is important enough to warrant an immediate fix and also a push over LTE. People got this one without even being on Wifi.

brent | June 25, 2019

I also got them back to back. If it is door locks, then I'd assume an immediate push, too. I know my kids would die in the back seat if the child locks weren't on, for example. They are 4 y/o and 6 y/o.

I notice nothing different than the day before.

vmulla | June 25, 2019

Nothing noticed about screen brightness?

Joshan | June 25, 2019

I don't think a screen brightness bug would warrant a 1 day mass hotfix pushed over LTE. It was something bigger like a safery ot security issue.

P49X | June 25, 2019

If it was a crash release to correct something important in 20.4.1, then it was effective with us. The car wasn't driven on 20.4.1 before it was updated to 20.4.2.

srihari | June 25, 2019

I too had issues with the door not closing when walking away. Need to see if the update I received yesterday night fixed this issue.

efuseakay | June 25, 2019

I didn't get a notification via the mobile app. So I had to update when in the car. I had to be somewhere, but I am OCD with this stuff so I was about 15 minutes late. lol

xtermz | June 25, 2019

I also experienced the car not auto-locking with phone key on 4.1. I assumed maybe I left a door slightly open, because I couldn't manually lock the car via the app either (even though the app didn't show any doors were open). Nothing like that on 4.2 so far....

CST | June 25, 2019

@srihari - you still have to close your door when you walk away. No update is going to take care of that for you.

billlake2000 | June 25, 2019

I’m guessing that wayne is guessing correctly that jimglas is guessing correctly that FirstDoyle is guessing correctly

CharleyBC | June 25, 2019

Yeah, I guess so.

SilverTrifecta | June 25, 2019

Just got the notification for the update and attempted the install... but it failed and gave a message to wait for new software to be pushed.

beaver | June 25, 2019

Screen (low) brightness issue is back and worse with 4.2 for the Model X I am driving. I am assuming the 3 will have the same issue.

All I can think of is Homer falling asleep on the “push latest update” button...

davequick | June 26, 2019

I am having trouble completing a charge since 2019.20.4.2 was installed yesterday - complains that "Charging interrupted" and have had problem with both a clipper creek with j1772 adapter and the tesla travel charger. Keeps failing - wife sad/mad at not being able to just leave car for charge and having to go out to the garage every half hour to reset. Started happening 30 minutes after the update.

sraftcpa | June 26, 2019

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but my update caused my automatic high beams to no longer work - any other experiences with this and any solutions?

tm3_cruzn | June 26, 2019

We lost autopilot, cruise control, backup camera and auto headlights after the update yesterday. After a few resets and letting the car go to sleep, toggling the rear facing camera a few times the camera came back to life and with it autopilot and cruise control. Then it happened again this morning, toggling the rear camera while not backing up brought everything back to life again. This is the first time we have had any issues like this in the 12 months we had the car.

ICEMELT | June 26, 2019

The app launcher is changed in 2019.20.4.2 It spans across now. Plus couple of options added.

ICEMELT | June 26, 2019

Sorry I misread the thread. I never had 20.4.1

Brian B | June 26, 2019

I got BEACH BUGGY 2!

EVRider | June 26, 2019

Dancing cars are still there.

Mikael13 | June 26, 2019

Whoo hooo!! For the 1st time ever, I have the most recent update (20.4.2) without requesting a SC appt. LOL. This is my 3rd update this week. Awesome :-)

Beach Buggy is awesome. Love that it’s the same color as my TM3!

gu71 | June 26, 2019

So to clarify, updates don't come to every owner at the same time. Mine says it's up to date with 2019.20.2.1

leo33 | June 26, 2019

Beach Buggy can indeed be addictive.

hamiltonned | June 27, 2019

Beach Buggy gives me immediate vertigo. Can't use it. Never had problems with Mario in the 1990s. But no great loss--I'm not a big video game fan. Doesn't distract from my love for the car.

Fredvanngo | June 27, 2019

Got 20.4.2 yesterday, skipped 20.4.1 so far so good :) beach game and bug fix for auto brightness at night.

calvin940 | June 27, 2019

4.2 addressed the night mode brightness/darkness for me.

aix93 | June 27, 2019

Recently received 4.1, then 4.2. Today, I experienced some phantom braking in the fast/carpool lane approaching an overpass during my commute. Anyone else this on 4.2. Haven't had phantom braking episodes for a while before 4.2.

cosmicwarrior | June 27, 2019

Since updating to this I've already noticed an improvement to the car locking when I get out of the car and start walking away. After the last update it would let me walk very far away from the car without locking. Good stuff, Beach buggy was kinda cool too.

Techy James | June 27, 2019

Any know if you use Steer Wheel with Beach Buggy if the front wheel turn with the movement of the Steering Wheel? Logic would say no with most newer cars today having electronic steering.

btesar | June 27, 2019

I installed 4.2. Four times now, intermittently, the cabin overheat protection is not working. Interior car temp indicated internal temp was 127-134 degrees. When I got in, overheat with a/c was still enabled. It looks like 4.2 has done something. Always worked flawlessly before. Anyone else experience this?

I have performed scroll wheel reboots and power off/on. No change.

dbrum98 | June 28, 2019

@sraftcpa, I have noticed that after every SW update the auto high beam setting is turned off. Flicking the turn signal lever forward to turn high beams on, seams to reenable auto mode. After enabling, they are functioning fine.

SalisburySam | June 29, 2019

On first drive after install, voice command didn’t work at all. After a few miles of driving, it began working as before. Odd.

Daryl | June 29, 2019

@Techy James "Any know if you use Steer Wheel with Beach Buggy if the front wheel turn with the movement of the Steering Wheel? "

Yes, they turn.
I imagine that Tesla decided for safety reasons to never disconnect the steering wheel from the wheels, lest they stay in that mode due to a bug.

drrock75k | June 29, 2019

Where does one find the Release Notes for the update? The Manual says 'to display release notes about your current software version at any time touch the Tesla “T” at the top center of the touchscreen,then touch Release Notes.' I touch the T but no Release Notes option appears? What am I missing?

EVRider | June 29, 2019

When you touch the T logo a window appears, showing the current firmware version with a link to the release notes, and I think a link to the manual. After a few seconds that window changes to display Easter Eggs.

Warez | June 29, 2019

@btesar, no, cabin overheat protection has never worked flawlessly as you say.
If car is in deep sleep it will never engage. This has always been the case.

billlake2000 | June 29, 2019

On 2019.20.4.2, my fob went bonkers. Still not working

petergalindez | June 29, 2019

Is there some central repository that shows what the latest update is? I just picked up my Model 3 today and it appears the version is 2019.15.103 from looking at my app. I don't have any notices of an update?

jjgunn | June 30, 2019

@peter...you have hardware version 3. Newer than most of us on this forum.

I think for your hardware, you have the latest version but I'm not 100% positive

robert4 | June 30, 2019

It seems like 20.4.2 added more games. I would never play games while sitting still in a Model 3. I wish the software developers would concentrate more on things like viewing TeslaCam videos on the central display. Taking out the thumb drive, taking it in the house, plugging it into the desktop USB drive and reviewing the footage is messy and complicated. Then you have to remember to take it back out to the car and plug it back in.

With all the fancy software already in the Model 3, viewing the videos on the central display should be piece of cake.

Slonkis | June 30, 2019

@robert4
This is easily addressed by getting a USB OTG cable ($9 on Amazon) and installing TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer app, or something similar, on your phone (free for the basic version).
Of course, reviewing videos on the main screen would be more convenient.

robert4 | June 30, 2019

Viewing videos on a smart phone is seriously inferior to viewing it on the 15 inch Tesla screen. Just taking the thumb drive out and putting it back is yet another operation that could be avoided if they simply let you view the videos on the Tesla screen.

jebinc | June 30, 2019

I've had the following negative issues with this release (came from 2019.15.103) -

1. Streaming audio channels cut in and out randomly (briefly, however)
2. Screen freezing or random rebooting - even while driving. Seems to occur with you are engaging the screen
3. TeslaCam disappears from screen, requiring hard reboot of system

Looking forward to the next release ASAP!

gryghst72 | July 11, 2019

I don’t know if this is new to 20.4.2 or not, but when the car is in the Easy Entry driver profile, bringing up the games page puts the car into a real driver profile without the need for pressing the brakes. Strange how playing the games gets the car ready to drive.

I don’t know if this is new to 20.4.2 or not, but when the car is in the Easy Entry driver profile, bringing up the games page puts the car into a real driver profile without the need for pressing the brakes. Strange how playing the games gets the car ready to drive.

Note to self, when posting via phone, only press the Save button once and wait before seeing if the UI actually triggered the event. Uggh!

Pages