Disclaimer: Non-Owner, no EV experience, Reserved Model 3 for "Late 2018" delivery. I have nothing else to do until then so, I guess I have a lot of time figure out. But any help is appreciated.
I am trying to gather as much information as possible on autonomous driving before I make a switch to a CPO Model S. I came across multiple words(AP, AP1, etc..) that have been used in contradicting ways quite a lot. Is there an official document that lists these and highlights important information such as release date, features, hardware requirements etc? A wiki of some sort.
So far, I figured the below (Call me a fool if I'm wrong)
AP = AP1 < AP2 = EAP < FSD
Few questions I am struggling with:
1) At what times were each of those released into the market so I can tie it back to the car model?
2) Hardware requirements go up as we move up the chain but I am not sure where a 2016 model S falls. Does it have the hardware for FSD? or just AP2?
2) Elon Musk says the hardware will be upgraded if FSD does not work in current models, is this only computing or cameras and other sensors too?
3) Can a Non AP (I think before 2013) CPO Model S be upgraded with hardware for at-least AP1 to work?
4) Where does TACC fit in all this? Is TACC EXACTLY the same as adaptive cruise control?