Forums

Blackvue DR650GW 2CH Date/Time Issue

Blackvue DR650GW 2CH Date/Time Issue

I have had some issues since I got this over a year ago. For some odd reason, the time and date change even though the setting had never been changed. After noticing this I try to change/update the date/time and doesn't work and so support told me to download the app to fix this. They never told me what the issue is but this has happened to me 4 times now. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

barrykmd | January 13, 2017

The time/date is updated via GPS. If you don't get a GPS signal through the windshield, that could be part of the problem. There's also the time zone setting, but I presume you've adjusted that.

reed_lewis | January 13, 2017

...And what does this have to do with a Tesla?

Jazzy B | January 13, 2017

@reed. As @barrykmd stated it could be the GPS that is not sending signal through the windshield. The people at blackvue didn't seem to know the cause so I posted to our Tesla community to see if anyone is having issues with theirs.

@Barrykmd, thanks for the input

freeewilly | January 13, 2017

@ reed_lewis, very good point

There are hundreds of dash cam out there, for some reason Blackvue become the unofficial Tesla dash cam, including myself.

Silver2K | January 13, 2017

it's attached to his Tesla :)

Jazzy B | January 13, 2017

@Silver. LOL

reed_lewis | January 13, 2017

If anything attached to my Tesla is fair game here, then can I ask iPhone questions? :)

How about health questions, as I am sitting in the car when I am driving it. :)

But in answer to the OP's question, perhaps the Tesla windshield is not allowing GPS signals to make it in.

lilbean | January 13, 2017

I think it's relevant because many Tesla owners have installed the BlackVue.

nipper2 | January 13, 2017

@lilbean I agree also if you don't like the post don't read it and move on

akikiki | January 13, 2017

tuff crowd

nipper2 | January 13, 2017

It's just that owners are looking for help not some crap from others we don't need negativity there is enough around

+1 nipper2!
It took me quite some time to find the right time zone to give me the accurate time. There are so many options of time zones. I'm not sure my time zone showed up after a few weeks but when I first installed, the time was wrong for over a month. It's fine now.

Read the general forum topics...

JPPTM | January 13, 2017

You need to be sure that under the Blackvue settings that you have selected your proper time zone. Note that the Blackvue does not understand Daylight Savings Time and will not switch automatically. Once you set your time zone and upload the changes, power cycle your camera. Then you need to rely on the Blackvue receiving the GPS signal through the heavily shielded windshield. My 2013 S and my wife's 2015 S both only get spotty GPS. Thus the date/time is never correct. Blackvue does offer a Windows app to allow you to set the date/time on the micro SD card and then insert it into the camera. Check their web site.

barrykmd | January 13, 2017

There have been several threads on installing a GPS repeater to get full GPS signals. You can try search to find them, but this is the device I installed:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3BGKLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s...