Update - 01/17
Completed ~ 1800 miles (Madison - Atlanta), drive was great. Autopilot worked awesome even during the Ice storm.
First time Tesla owner and got my Model X on 22nd Dec. I didn't go through the regular process of ordering and waiting for few months instead selected one from the existing inventory (could not continue driving my ICE vehicle after test driving MX :)). The very first week I drove from Madison,Wisconsin to Atlanta, Georgia and must admit it was a wonderful drive ~ 900 miles. Now since am getting closer to a month, wanted to share the good and also things that needs improvement (not sure if i am repeating the same points from some of the current owners).
1. Overall I am impressed by the way the whole car works as a unit(batteries, EPA, screen response, Trunk/Frunk space, Interior space, Auto-Pilot (5 Stars) etc...)
2. Super charging works really amazing.
3. Over the air updates, loved the Xmas lights show.
1. Build quality definitely has a room of improvement and actually needs to improve. So far I already have a couple of things that needed SC attention - Driver side falcon door dumps water onto the 2nd row seats when opened on a rainy day or when there is water on the roof (saw few other complain about the same thing). The SC guy said that the drain system rubber does not have enough gap to actually drain the water, they have put in a order but it would take a month or two it seems. The second one relates to either front passenger seat or door, slight squeaky noise when driving at slower speeds (at least that is when i hear it). i have not called the SC on the 2nd one yet.
2. Probably had the worst car buying experience, there was a lot of communication gap or miscommunication between Tesla Sr.Advisors at the delivery location, Tesla Finance team and Tesla Delivery team. There was a big goof-up at the time of delivery, after 3 hrs of back & forth calls and emails,they realized the mistake and to save their butts promised me free weather mats, tire repair kit. Here is the kicker, earlier this week when I reminded the Sr.Advisor about the mats, he got so pissed and sends me an email saying that i am acting like a extortionist. I guess they only respect before signing the papers.
3. Ability to make LTE as a hotspot.
4. Better Phone App, add more controls like seat heaters etc.
So far these are some that i have on top of my head and hopefully i wont find anything new.