Delivery time if I cancel my reservation

Delivery time if I cancel my reservation

I'm a reservation holder since more than two years back but I've not ordered the car yet since I still haven't had a chance to test drive it. Tesla has said that I'm prioritized and they will contact me as soon as test driving becomes available in Sweden. The problem is that winter is coming fast and I don't want to test drive on icy roads which means I have to wait until spring to do the test drive and hopefully order the car.

Now I'm considering canceling my reservation to get my money back while I'm waiting. Does anyone know how this will affect the delivery time? Is there still a long queue of people wanting to order the car or has this calmed down?

DTsea | November 13, 2013

I wouldnt do that. Just buy the car. It will take a while and you may get hit by price increases.

You wont regret it if you just go ahead and get the car.

J.T. | November 13, 2013

Contact He lives in Sweden. Maybe he can help you out.

Mathew98 | November 13, 2013

Oh boy. If you're willing to go back to the end of the queue and wait up to 5 months then go right ahead with the refund.

Paraphrasing Elon from a week ago, "The longer you wait to reserve, the longer you're going to wait..."

I assume that you will need to drive the MS in the winter when you take ownership of the the car, correct? So what difference does it make if you test drive the car in the icy roads? What better way to test the traction and steering in real conditions? Just take it easy if you're on top of a sheet of icy. Otherwise take a spin on the fresh snow...

You can also test drive again in spring / summer as well if you like.

kevinf311 | November 13, 2013

My thought is that it would be easier to request a reschedule on the test drive than to risk falling to the back of the line.

I, too, have been a reservation holder for way longer than I planned to. An unforeseen delay in my funding situation has made it so I can't pull the trigger before the end of the calendar year (for tax purposes), so I'm kicking it down the road again until sometime in mid-2014.

As for basing the decision on the test drive, I completely understand. I researched the heck out of this vehicle and followed every minutia of change and development through the years leading to it's release, but I knew in my heart that if I didn't like the way I felt driving it for real, then it wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the top road cars... maybe ever, but I'm not going to drive something that I don't like being behind the wheel of.

Luckily, I did get a test drive back in the spring and it was, hands down, the best and most responsive thing I've ever driven. So, obviously I was sold at that point. My test drive can't make your sale though.

mathiasc | November 13, 2013

Tesla has car for testing in Sweden since September... Contact them and book a testdrive!!! I did test it in september. Gray p85+... Was not planning to order any car. Had a BMW i3 on preorder... Order and confirmed a p85+ in Early October... If you dont want to buy the car then dont testdrive it. If you do you will order it... Trust me...

bredell | November 15, 2013

Ok, I didn't realize the queue was still that long.

@Mathew98: I don't think test driving on icy slippery roads will give you the true feeling of what it's like to drive it. Best thing would be to get a test drive now before the snow and another in winter.

@Mathiasc: I booked a test drive in the middle of september and have been waiting since. Tesla has called me and said that I'm on top of the list and they will get back to me as soon as test driving becomes available in Sweden. I've also reminded them twice that I'm still waiting.