Welcome to the Wild West of forums!
To the new users here:
This is an unmoderated forum. This basically means that any discussion can go off topic and off the rails very quickly and there is no one to stop it.
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here but their comments can get drowned out by off topic or disruptive comments.
There is no search function. The only way to search is to go to google and put in site:forums.tesla.com search-term
You will see terms like “Troll”, and “Astroturfer”. Very basically, Troll’s are people who disrupt and distract the conversation just to upset people. “Astroturfer” is a more complex term as it relates to this forum, but in essence it is someone with ulterior motives.
The following are hopefully some helpful ideas if you would like to help keep this forum on topic and helpful to both yourself and others.
1. Read this, https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/please-read-first-posting-forums as it is the only official Tesla statement about behavior.
2. Please try to stay on topic as much as possible. What is the topic, it is what the OP(Original Post/er) wrote in their original post.
3. There are people who purposely get the discussion off topic just to disrupt the forum. Please try to not engage with them, no matter how much they egg you or anyone on. If you engage with them they will just keep going and going and going.
4. Try not to get too frustrated if someone tells you to read the manual, especially if you are “just trying to get a quick answer”. You can get the manual online in PDF format. You can actually SEARCH in a PDF unlike this forum.
5. If you ask a question about power, efficiency, battery degradation or anything similar, be prepared for a lot of technical information. Also be prepared for some users to make statements but not be able back them up with facts that you can verify.
6. If you don’t know the difference between kW and kWh, please acknowledge that fact and accept assistance on learning about the sometimes complex subject.
Disrupters will still disrupt, but we can try and not give them more fuel to continue disrupting.
Disclaimer: I am not a Tesla employee. I do own an LR RWD Model 3(Obsidian Black) and I do own TSLA stock. I also am not perfect.