Forums

Front Plate installation for 2020 Tesla X

Front Plate installation for 2020 Tesla X

A friend of mine got ticker for not installing front plate in CA.
I drove without a front plate for a while. I still have the original Tesla X front plate bracket, but unlike Model 3, there is no adhesive (no hole installation for Model 3).

How did you install your front plate (no hole)?

hilliard528 | April 25, 2020

Interesting. I am trying not to install in CT. The service center said that there was indentations that you screwed into but I just went and looked I couldn’t see them

hilliard528 | April 25, 2020

I just purchased one that is glued on and is a lower mount looking better than original one they wanted screwed on. I bought it from https://evannex.com/. They have The Law and a I preferred the stick on. EvanNex has very accessories I have bought the center console insert and the tray. Good luck

Davila1024 | May 18, 2020

When I bought my Model X in California, Tesla had my lic installed prior to delivery. In fact I didnt want them to install it but they insisted that I would not be able to take my new car per califorina law they had to install it prior to delivery.

n7142701886 | May 18, 2020

Bought 1 on Ebay for 15.99 and installed, worked well, no need to hole.

judgemike | May 18, 2020

I'm in the Chicagoland area and looking for a service center to have my front plates installed. Got a warning when last stopped by the police.