Like many of you, I am a long time lurker in these forums, but this is my 1st post. I don't need the car ( current lease doesn't run out until Jan 2014) for quite a while, and when I reserved (#12,550) my plan was to defer until 5-6 before the end of year. I received my invitation to configure (will be P85), and am now in quite a quandary, and I'm sure I'm not alone. My 1st preference is to lease, but my concern is that the lease prices, when announced in the summer will be exorbitant $1,500+ as there really isn't a valid sense of what depreciation will be, so I can't really guess based on other similarly priced cars. If that's the case, I'm better of buying, financing $70k (less down payment) for $1500 over 4 years.
If I am better off buying, Tesla threw a wrench in my plans with the price increase. SInce I want the 21" wheels, I'd have to pay the $2500 increase + $3,500 for the larger rims. Paying an extra $6k just to wait to see what the lease prices will be is what I'm up against. I have until Jan 17th to put my order in before being hit with the increase. I know this was a long winded post, but the moral is, can anyone speculate on what the lease pricing will be or chime in on their opinion on what I should do? Any and all help is appreciated.
- Hopefully a future Tesla driver