Forums

Model 3 Non-P AWD 0-60 - 2019.8.3

Model 3 Non-P AWD 0-60 - 2019.8.3

Finally found a YouTube video of someone using dragy and a before and after update comparison.

If the video is to be believed, the change is not very much at all.

4.56 AVG -> 4.42 AVG

Still waiting on the update myself to see if there's a difference felt on my AWD.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbSbhVDKqs

andrewsjra | March 27, 2019

Yeah saw that video as well. It’s a bit disappointing. The website updates the LR RWD and LR AWD Performance 0-60 times. Still showing 4.5 for the AWD. There’s another video showing 2 LR AWD racing each other. One has the latest update and the other on the previous update. Settings are all the same and the previous update appeared faster. Go figure. https://youtu.be/0OcrD4qttDg

Pkarim | March 27, 2019

I just watched the video you linked, in the comments he said they were LR RWD.

Still though, definitely thought we'd get at least 4.2

Oh well maybe next time!

Resist | March 27, 2019

It's only a 5% performance increase, hardly anything you'll even notice.

njchillie | March 28, 2019

@Resist Peak performance increase, not across the board.

s_wilcox63 | March 28, 2019

I checked it with the Dragy last night those numbers look about right. The 0-10, 0-20, 0-30 and 0-40 times were all pretty much the same with 5.15 and 8.3. The increase in speed was in the 40 to 60 mph range. 0-50 an 0-60 times were improved. So you will feel nothing new off the line.

neylus | March 28, 2019

Also racing different cars against each other does not prove anything as motors variances between the cars can differ as much as the 5% software increase.

The test has to be ran with the same car.

jjgunn | March 28, 2019

Model 3 Non-P AWD is same as Model X 100D now.

1/2 the weight & 1/2 the price....congrats!

AWDTesla | March 28, 2019

@neylus, yeah especially once forced induction is thrown into the mix.

howard | March 28, 2019

Depends on the charging system some electrons have more energy. Octane booster works too.

s_wilcox63 | March 28, 2019

I ran mine with the same car 2 days apart. I did multiple runs with each firmware version. Same location. The temperature is the only thing I did not have 100% control on. Both the outside temperature and the battery temperature. I could see when the dots were gone, but that is a crude tool at best for temperature.

I think if the battery was totally warmed up with a full charge it would be a better test. I did not have time to get the battery warm and then top it off with the 5.15 run. The fact that every time spilt with 5.15 and 8.3 for the 0-10, 0-20, 0-30, 0-40 were all within 0.02 seconds of each other really shocked me. I plan to run the 8.3 firmware more to see if I can get a faster time. There were to many deer standing by the road.

JAD | March 28, 2019

Traction, not power, will be the limiting factor at slower speeds. If traction control is limiting power, it doesn't matter how much total power you have.

rdavis | March 28, 2019

@howard | March 28, 2019
Depends on the charging system some electrons have more energy. Octane booster works too.

I heard if you charge on Peak hours, you get better electrons... more power ;)

wcorey | April 20, 2019

I thought the performance change for the AWD LR was in 8.5, not 8.3. No?