I have just sent the following questions to my local Service Manager and I thought I would post them here as well. If anyone has any answers, or has experienced the same, I would like to know.
1) Issue: At low speeds (like when navigating through a parking lot), I am noticing recently a "thunk" coming from the rear engine area as I apply/let off the accelerator. It's hard to describe, but it feels like something is "loose" in the gearing. (I've checked and there's nothing rolling around loose in the back)
2) Issue: My auto-sensing windshield wipers don't seem to be calibrated very well. They quite often do not go fast enough to keep up with the amount of rain. If I leave them alone, eventually they start going faster, but it seems like it takes several seconds for them to adjust to match the amount of water hitting the windshield. I find that I have to constantly manually adjust the wiper speed, which kind of defeats the purpose.
3) Question: As the weather has gotten colder, I've noticed a dramatic increase in Wh/m. Not that this is necessarily a problem, but I want to make sure. My daily commute takes me on interstates for most of the journey (70-75 mph) and I typically get about 300-305 Wh/m. As the temperature has dropped (~40 degrees in the morning), that has shot up to about 350 Wh/m. Is that expected? Will it go up even more as we get further into winter (0-10 degrees)? I am also concerned what this means when combined with the reduced capacity of the battery in colder weather (or so I've heard). I'm beginning to worry that my 300-mile 85Kw battery will not get me all the way to and from work (150 mile round trip). Right now, I'm charging to 90% overnight, giving me about 230 miles of range. I'm driving 150 miles and arriving back home with only about 50 miles remaining.
4) Issue: On my energy graph, I prefer to display "average" usage, rather than "Instant". However, it never seems to stick. Every morning I have to switch it over to "average" again. Suggestion: These should save with driver profile
5) Suggestion: Each key fob should be able to be tied to a driver profile. So depending on who's key unlocks the Model S, that driver profile could automatically be selected.
6) Suggestion: I was surprised to find out that the "favorites" (stations, songs, etc) were not tied to a driver's profile. Do you know if this is planned? It would be nice to have a (potentially) separate sign-in and song/stations preferences for internet and terrestrial radio that are tied to the driver profile selected.
7) Issue: I've been getting the Tire Pressure warning most mornings when I start my car. I just had a service ranger out a couple weeks ago and all of that was checked, so they should not be low. Also, as soon as I drive for a few minutes the warning goes away. I think perhaps these sensors aren't calibrated correctly. Or perhaps the logic should be changed to accept lower pressures at lower temperatures.
8) Question/Issue: The other night I happened to flashed my brights (hi beams) a few times. I heard a loud clicking/thump coming from the front of the car with each flash. Is this normal/expected?
9) Question/Issue: My wipers don't seem to always return to the same "resting" position. I notice that sometimes they are visible above the dash and other times not. Is this normal?
10) Question/Issue: My display seems to be possessed within 30 minutes of sunup or sunset. It can't seem to decide whether to be in night mode or day mode. I have about an hour drive to/from work and it will probably switch 4 or 5 times back and forth during the journey. Can this be corrected? Also, I think the switch to "night mode" occurs waaaay to early. There is usually plenty of ambient light when it decides it's time to switch.